Rear Wishbone Bushes - MOT

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Had my rear wishbone bushes replaced a couple of months ago during my suspension change. During my MOT yesterday, the tester was going to give me an advisory on the bushes, saying there was play in them when turning from lock to lock. However, I told him they had just been replaced, so he removed the note. Any techies out there that can comment? Have these been picked up during dealership MOTs? By the nature of the bush with voids in them, should it have an amount of flex/twist in them?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I replaced the void bushes on my 130TDi with the solid bushes from the Cupra TDi.

Car feels much better and tyre wear has reduced.

Bushes are only £8 each to buy from a main dealer.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Had my rear wishbone bushes replaced a couple of months ago during my suspension change. During my MOT yesterday, the tester was going to give me an advisory on the bushes, saying there was play in them when turning from lock to lock. However, I told him they had just been replaced, so he removed the note. Any techies out there that can comment? Have these been picked up during dealership MOTs? By the nature of the bush with voids in them, should it have an amount of flex/twist in them?

did you replace them with the 130 sport bushes (with the voids in)
or the cupra bushes?

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i have ordered some of the udder type from powerflex just hoping the bushes that are in at the mo arnt to bad to rescue with the inserts.... i do have some spare voided bushes but dont fancy toying with the isea of putting them in myself......

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Be careful with the udders from Powerflex, I know of one or two people who fitted them, and they fell out.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Cupra bushes fit into 100PD consoles.

If fact the o/s console is exactly the same on all models, only the n/s one changes for models with six speed bearbox.

Gyrro

techie, i'm sorry for the stupid question but what/which is o/s console and n/s console? :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise