Recommend me some tyres before i end up in a ditch!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
they are great tyres i found they last as long as any tyre ive had, and my car eats tyres, toyos are dangerous in the wet i found! longest lasting tyres i had were bf goodrich g profilers, hard to find near me now though

i found p-zers to be awfull..very fast wearing and not fantastic grip..found the proxie 4 to be a good overall tyre...but this time when for khumo's....so far so good..

guess its personal preference..:)

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
they are great tyres i found they last as long as any tyre ive had, and my car eats tyres, toyos are dangerous in the wet i found! longest lasting tyres i had were bf goodrich g profilers, hard to find near me now though

Finally someone who agrees that toyos are just dangerous in the wet. They aren't even good in the dry either!

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
It must be your driving :p
I had the federal 595s on my car until January (never send a woman for tyres) and I usually run eagle f1s and I thought the federals were actually ok considering they are a third of the price of f1s. And that's running a lot more power. My one gripe with them was that they didn't last long. But for the price that's not something you can complain about.

H1JJY

Apr 29, 2010
Rochdale NW
Had lots off diffrent sets over the years and the best all round are F1s.
Very good in the dry, Both Pirelli's and Yokama's are good in the dry but in the wet no other 'sports' tyre comes even close.

But rember that the tyers are the most import part of the car and should never go for cheap stuff

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
toyo t1r's are actually pretty decent in extreme weather (heavy rain or baking sun), and very quiet compared to other brands...although they will wear quicker

the proxe 4's are a step down from the t1r's giving drivers added comfort without compromising performance too much but are sold at practically the same price as the t1r's

make sure your tyre pressures are correct as well as that plays an important role in performance

end of the day a car and tyres perform only as good as the way you drive them...you'll find that there isn't a tyre that lasts long, is quiet, and grips equally in all conditions.

i have been happy with the t1r's but will look to test another brand when the time comes

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
My current 4 tyres are Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Rears have covered 22k, fronts 17k. Front's are just about ready for changing.

These perform well in the dry and did really well in the snow, considering I live up in weardale with plenty of it over winter I was impressed. Wet grip is nothing amazing but better than the P Zero's the car comes with as standard.

I managed to get these off Ebay for £50 a tyre and will be sticking with them. Local tyre place does them for around £70 fitted.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Goodyear Eagle F1 or Dunlop Sportmaxx all the way.

The Bridgestones are fine IMO in terms of road noise, comfort etc, but aren't as grippy as the above. The above are ultra grippy and offer good rim protection too.

I think the problem with Bridgestones and other Japanese tyres is that they are designed for Japanese conditions, i.e. very hot summers with hot temperatures, and they just don't work as well in a colder, rainy climate we have in the UK.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I'm loving the Hankook V12 Evos which I recently had fitted to my FR TDi. Good in the wet and dry, quiet and comfortable. I don't know about the wear rate yet but so far so good and only £65 per corner fitted and balanced at my local tyre place. The best tyres I have had.

tyranical

Apr 13, 2008
I'm loving the Hankook V12 Evos which I recently had fitted to my FR TDi. Good in the wet and dry, quiet and comfortable. I don't know about the wear rate yet but so far so good and only £65 per corner fitted and balanced at my local tyre place. The best tyres I have had.

+1 on this.

This is the tyre to have imo, read all the reviews on the net and people rave about them as an up and coming tyre, I've had toyo's before and these are better but cheaper, wear rate is very good.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
On the sport 100 I had Dunlop sp sport maxx great tyre, bit expensive at £110 a corner fitted but well worth the money. Currently got Yokohama parada spec 2, awesome in the dry 'art father in heaven' in the wet, seriously scary sometimes, but bang for buck hard to fault at £75 a corner fitted and so far have lasted really well

jonny_mcc

Dec 21, 2009
My current 4 tyres are Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Rears have covered 22k, fronts 17k. Front's are just about ready for changing.

These perform well in the dry and did really well in the snow, considering I live up in weardale with plenty of it over winter I was impressed. Wet grip is nothing amazing but better than the P Zero's the car comes with as standard.

I managed to get these off Ebay for £50 a tyre and will be sticking with them. Local tyre place does them for around £70 fitted.

I've got prada spec 2's. really like them. Not great in the rain but awesome in the dry.

J

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
Got Michelin pilot exalto PE2 on mine,not cheap at £110 each but excellent wet/dry grip and very quiet.seem to be long lasting too.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
maybe try the hankook v12's, have been hearing very good things about them and pretty cheap...its most likely what i'm gonna stick on once my t1r's are shot...10k miles and looking good for another 5k at least :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.