Red Ibiza Cupra TDI

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Hi everyone. Bought this last week. Completely standard, 52k, FSSH and immaculate. Think I got a bargain :D

I was originally looking for a LCR but couldn't find the perfect one. Eventually saw this and thought it would be nice to have a hot-hatch that's actually like a hot-hatch should be; torquey, responsive, small and tight. Something a little different. I'm loving it so far, just being able to pootle around in 5th and 6th getting 55MPG with nothing to prove :)

I've updated some later pics below.

Ibiza_Desat_1600.jpg

Ibiza_Rear_1600.jpg

Ibiza_Rolling_1600.jpg

Currently running 291lb ft / 186BHP standard and getting a remap tomorrow :D

So far I've changed the oil / filter, cam belt kit, air filter a few times, fuel filter and put some Falken FK-452's on the front. I've added some SEAT sport interior chrome detailing and replaced the spare with a can of tyre foam.

After the remap I'll probably just go with some rear spacers, whiteline ARB, EGR delete and leave it. To go much further you need to spend a lot.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Looks good, i was looking at one of these before i bought my LCR. I like them alot, trying to convince my brother to buy one instead of a Mini Cooper S

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Looks good, i was looking at one of these before i bought my LCR. I like them alot, trying to convince my brother to buy one instead of a Mini Cooper S

My brother-in-law has a Mini Cooper S. It handles slightly better than the Cupra but isn't in the same league with performance. Not really all that impressed with the MCS apart from going round corners.

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
My brother-in-law has a Mini Cooper S. It handles slightly better than the Cupra but isn't in the same league with performance. Not really all that impressed with the MCS apart from going round corners.

I love the supercharger whine, when driving it. But he wants the new turbo one aswell, which i don't think is as good. But he has to drive it so its his choice, i'm just trying to point him in the right direction is all, haha

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
very nice example :thumbup: loving the photography mate, makes the mk4 look so much more agressive than the current mk5 styling

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Yup that would have been me. Bah I'm not the only Cupra in town ;)

Let me know if you want to compare anytime, always interesting to see if my car is running OK..

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
got to be pretty rare to have two cupra TDIs so close together, had struggle buying one!

more than happy to compare sometime - mine is going into the bodyshop on tuesday though

Yeah, I've still never actually seen another one on the road and realised it!

I got this by accident. I was after a LCR but spotted this and the thought of a PD160 pulled me away from a the LCR.

What are you having done?

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Pisser. Glad you're getting it sorted though. Was it done in town on a car park there?

Yes I'm also glad I went the derv route as I get 50mpg going to work and back.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise