Regal Autosport Vf Engineering RS/S S3

jonnyc

Sep 3, 2008
Would love to see yours on a RR, how is 460bhp through the front wheels?

Jonny

Juber

May 7, 2008
Theres a 500+BHP LCR for sale in the for sale section ;)

460 BHP is easily acheiveable - look at Hooch;s build thread, you will see the amount of money, time and time it has taken to get to those majoc figures. Hats off to him!

Anything acheiveable, look at some touring cars etc, they arent no standard 250BHP nonsence.

460BHP is acheiveable through many FWD car, you need knowledge, money and time - all im sure Hooch has!!

jonnyc

Sep 3, 2008
Sorry I think you misread what I said, I meant how is it, as in how does the car feel running that power?:)

And It would be quite a sight to see on the RR

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Theres a 500+BHP LCR for sale in the for sale section ;)

460 BHP is easily acheiveable - look at Hooch;s build thread, you will see the amount of money, time and time it has taken to get to those majoc figures. Hats off to him!

Anything acheiveable, look at some touring cars etc, they arent no standard 250BHP nonsence.

460BHP is acheiveable through many FWD car, you need knowledge, money and time - all im sure Hooch has!!

Easily?

you followed hooches thread?
not sure he would agree with you.
far from easy

leonGR

ProDriver
Dec 7, 2006
Athens, Greece
Jonnyc,

When will you get the chance to see some independent dyno figures alongside other cars being dyno'd?

Reason why is I am doing a buildout on my car and have been looking at three options:

1. Staying with the K04 and installing APR intercooler, Snow Performance water/meth kit, APR HPFP fuel pump, larger APR injectors, APR code, downpipe with 100cell cat, and forge intake.
2. APR Stage3 kit
3. Regal Seat Leon Cupra 2.0TFSi Stage 4 Upgrade: VF Engineering RSS Turbo Kit

Several questions that I have are:

Is option 2 or 3 a big difference from option 1 when it come to streetable power?
Is the cost difference between option 1 vs 2/3 worth the power difference?
What is the difference between option 2 and 3 since they use the same components? Is it the a/r housing difference off of the turbo?

Thanks....

jonnyc

Sep 3, 2008
Hey

There is a huge difference between the K04 and GT28 cars, IMO you should go for the Vf kit, I have no experience of the APR kit however so really I cant comment..

I would say that the difference in performance overall is well worth the money

As I say I have no real info on the APR Stage III kit other than what is available on the net, it could just be down to the tuning and APR playing it safe on the map??

If you are considering an Intercooler upgrade go with an S3 cooler, logs show on my car that its running at around 18 degrees above ambient at high revs on boost, which is pretty good! Also the recovery rate is very fast..

For the money the APR cooler is very similar to the OEM S3 cooler..

To give you an idea of the performance I had a chance yesterday whilst I was at Croft to do a few runs on the runway, the runs were started in 2nd gear from 30mph and ended in 4th at 100mph

(All of the figures are not 100% because they were timed by hand using a stop watch, but the consistency of the runs shows there pretty close)

Managed to get these results..

Run 1 - 6.7 seconds
Run 2 - 6.9 seconds
Run 3 - 6.7 seconds
Run 4 - 6.6 seconds

Didnt get any video, even thought I did remeber to bring the recorded, I forgot to make sure it had enough charge!!

Anyways! Pretty impressive I thought.. :)

Jonny

Juber

May 7, 2008
Easily?

you followed hooches thread?
not sure he would agree with you.
far from easy

Well easily isnt the correct word to use, my bad.

Its all about money isnt it, if i gave you £100k to make my car as powerful as poss, im sure you will get some pretty impressive figures.

Any way back on topic.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
so you are saying you got from 30-130 in a average of 6.7seconds?
Too give you some sort of context to how fast that is Norris 800bhp evo which weighs close to 1 tonne with all the trimmings ran 6.2s!!!
A typical 500-550bhp evo weighing 1.3t will do it in 11-13s
a typical 400bhp evo runs 15-16s.
Just think about it ,i would imagine a s3 can get to 30 in 2.5sec so your saying your car can get to 0-130 in 9.2sec?!! Your 1/4 would be in the 9/10 region at a terminal of 140mph!

Perhaps you better find a better stopwatch.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
well no because he only went up to 100mph not 130mph as in the 30-130 shoot out.

so 9.2 secs is for the 0-100 by your way of calculating it.

is that a possibility??

Does a typical Evo weigh only 1.3 tonnes? thought they were over 1.5 tonnes!

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
I must have mis-read that post 0-100 in 10 seconds is nearer the performance your would expect from 400bhp.

Ianb

Nov 13, 2003
Hey

There is a huge difference between the K04 and GT28 cars, IMO you should go for the Vf kit, I have no experience of the APR kit however so really I cant comment..

I would say that the difference in performance overall is well worth the money

As I say I have no real info on the APR Stage III kit other than what is available on the net, it could just be down to the tuning and APR playing it safe on the map??

If you are considering an Intercooler upgrade go with an S3 cooler, logs show on my car that its running at around 18 degrees above ambient at high revs on boost, which is pretty good! Also the recovery rate is very fast..

For the money the APR cooler is very similar to the OEM S3 cooler..

To give you an idea of the performance I had a chance yesterday whilst I was at Croft to do a few runs on the runway, the runs were started in 2nd gear from 30mph and ended in 4th at 100mph

(All of the figures are not 100% because they were timed by hand using a stop watch, but the consistency of the runs shows there pretty close)

Managed to get these results..

Run 1 - 6.7 seconds
Run 2 - 6.9 seconds
Run 3 - 6.7 seconds
Run 4 - 6.6 seconds

Didnt get any video, even thought I did remeber to bring the recorded, I forgot to make sure it had enough charge!!

Anyways! Pretty impressive I thought.. :)

Jonny

I run the APR Stage 3+ kit on my Golf 4....it's been brilliant and reliable.

The mapping has 4 programmes the final being for race fuel. I don't thing they are midly mapped from my recent dyno results.

I tried the Golf 5 running this kit on a DSG box at Awesome and it was simply stunning 400+ bhp...the chassis seems to cope admirably.....be superb on a new TT or S3 IMO.

Perhaps you can come to the Awesome RR V MKIV day in November as advertised in the RR section. I can speak to Jim if you would like a slot on a like for like RR day shootout.

Ian

jonnyc

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah I would be up for that RR day, ill have a look on the RR section like you said for more info..

I know that there would be a load of other people who would like to come along with S3's from the Audi-Sport.net forums too, if there is a certain number of places them im sure that I could fill them up!

Jonny

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It's an organised event, SCN versus UKMKIV's, I'm sure Jim would slip yours in to give us a comparison. But the spaces are filled by forum members and they can only fit so many in a day. I'd appreciate it if any changes to that day are run by me and tabs too. :)

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
I'd love to run my evo at some point with you guys,i feel i'm a seatcupra'er at heart.

Steve_m

I tried the Golf 5 running this kit on a DSG box at Awesome and it was simply stunning 400+ bhp...the chassis seems to cope admirably.....be superb on a new TT or S3 IMO.

Ian

Interesting, I didn't realise they had managed to get the DSG to take that sort of power yet. I may have to investigate as I was seriously, seriously impressed with the DSG box when I took a standard one out the other week.

So much less effort and money to see 350+ bhp on the 2.0TFSI than the good old 1.8T it seems from the BT kits available......

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Interesting, I didn't realise they had managed to get the DSG to take that sort of power yet. I may have to investigate as I was seriously, seriously impressed with the DSG box when I took a standard one out the other week.

So much less effort and money to see 350+ bhp on the 2.0TFSI than the good old 1.8T it seems from the BT kits available......

I think they've since removed it (after GTI Inters) as the power was too much for the DSG box. NO uprated clutch packs out yet for the DSG you see.

I heard somewhere they've stuck the APR K04 upgrade pack on their now instead for demo purposes.

jonnyc

Sep 3, 2008
It's an organised event, SCN versus UKMKIV's, I'm sure Jim would slip yours in to give us a comparison. But the spaces are filled by forum members and they can only fit so many in a day. I'd appreciate it if any changes to that day are run by me and tabs too. :)

Ahh I see, ok well Ill probably leave it then, I was planning on setting up another RR day like the Prosport day we had so thought I may be able to tag along on this one..

When I get some more info ill post on here, my idea is to have some really nice examples of tuned cars there on the day, VAG stuff basically..

Heres the latest pic of the car since a few extra things being played with! :)

IMG_5432.jpg

Jonny

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Well easily isnt the correct word to use, my bad.

Its all about money isnt it, if i gave you £100k to make my car as powerful as poss, im sure you will get some pretty impressive figures.

money is a factor in tuning..

Speed is a question of money. How fast do you want to go...
OR
Power is a question of money, How much do you want.

I'm sure £100k would get you goign quite quickly.. lol

When can I book you in. :p
[B)]

{sorry - BTT}

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members