Remap or Milltek system first?

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
Decided on one of the above but which one should I go for first? Car is a FR130.

They're both pretty similar prices but don't want to mess the last 12 months of my warranty up with a remap. Plus the offer from Awesome on the Milltek systems seems too good to miss.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I would go for the miltek system first but thats my opinion ive just heard its better because then when you get it remapped you have no restrictions

Im going for a straight through then remap on my cupra

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
I would defo go for the milltek exhaust mate. It's cheap as and they are offering to fit it free if you buy it before the 31st of March. I would be getting one myself but have ran out of pennies! :cry:

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
to be honest mate it all depends on what your plans are? is the exhaust just for the sound or is it for both sound and pefromance?
Then again are you goin down the new fmic intake etc route to get a stage 2 + remap if not get the remap first then get the exhaust bit by bit as a remap is far more noticeable then just getting the exhaust alone

it all just depends what u want from your car

but id say remap first more fun for your money

just my 2p's

;)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Before you go for the Milltek, get a quote from a custom exhaust place for having your rear box chopped off and replaced with a straight pipe and new tip. It could work out a lot cheaper than the Milltek.

Here a clip of my car with a full Mufflerectomy,

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
indeed, thats why i just got mine remapped by p-torque. its really transformed my tdi into a charging bull:dance:

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Altech i hate you i was going to decat the Cupra but now i know how it will sound i am going to have to fork out for a milltech its just way to loud for me :(

i suppose i should thank you also for posting the video

Smee

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
Before you go for the Milltek, get a quote from a custom exhaust place for having your rear box chopped off and replaced with a straight pipe and new tip. It could work out a lot cheaper than the Milltek.

Here a clip of my car with a full Mufflerectomy,

When you say full, do you mean you've had the CAT removed as well?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Altech i hate you i was going to decat the Cupra but now i know how it will sound i am going to have to fork out for a milltech its just way to loud for me :(

i suppose i should thank you also for posting the video

Smee

When you say full, do you mean you've had the CAT removed as well?

No I haven't removed my Cat. My system is a straight 2.5" stainless pipe from the cat back.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.