Removed SAI valve - what about these sensors?

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Hi,

Just finished removing my SAI, was getting the incorrect air flow fault on vag com and an EML ! removed the valve and put in a plate. Havent cleared the fault on vag com yet but i'm hoping I wont get the anoying light anymore........

anyway, question is

What shall I do with the 2 circled sensors, at the moment i've just taped them off but should I have them going somewhere....?

The pipe from the valve was going to the sensor I'm holding up before but obviously nothing goes there now

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Sensors.jpg

Thanks

Looking to sell in a months time or so and an EML could be a bit of a pain

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Evev with it reoved you will still get the incorrect flow code and light coming on every now and then. You can remove those two sensors aswell. You need to put a 10w 330ohm resistor in their place.

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
sure some people haven't been getting an EML coming on? will be a bit of a pain when selling it if the light comes on every now and again

Just reset things with vag com so i'll see how long it takes to come back on

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
cut off the connectors on both and stick a 10w 330 ohm resistor is their place.

as for code, its intermittent, so will come back maybe once a month or something

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Will the code always come back, or can it be stopped? Mine pops up a few days after clearing it and has been doing this for the last 3-4 times! It was suggested to me that it will stop coming on after about 3-4 times of clearing it?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
whoever said that lied riko...i'm sorry to tell you

the code comes on for the pump, not for the 2 n112 valve you cut off (the ones circled)

the ECu thinks the N112 valves are still connected due to the resistors, however the pump connector is different resistance so throws a code with the 10w 330 ohm.

you'll have to live with the code or somehow measure the resistance