Removing the centre Console - Armrest

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well my Arm rest has arrived from Spain, and im desperate to fit it. The destructions look simple enough, so im just wondering are there any clips you need to find to enable the plastic surround (covering the gear stick, cig lighter etc) to come off. Or do you just give it a yank :cartman:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I don't know but I would have thought it might be worth detaching the gear lever gaiter at the bottom and seeing if there are any fixings hidden in there. If you haven't removed it before the secret is to feel through the leather infront of the gear lever and locate two pegs which you pull up. The surround can then be detached with the gaiter. I don't know if this helps or not.

I think there is also a screw beneath the rear cupholder which just pulls out – if it hasn't already fallen out!:)

Last edited:

Diaman

Sep 28, 2005
Where did you get your arm rest from (I know spain, lol) but what was the all in price including delivery?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
All fitted, makes a vast improvement.

25-06-06_1001.jpg

25-06-06_1000.jpg

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hmm driven with it for the first time, and slightly dissapointed, the weight of my arm has pushed the arm rest downwards slightly, and now sits in a un natural position facing down. There is no ratchet settings, so may need to wedge it up with something.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.