Removing the centre console surround

DUB BOY

Jan 8, 2010
London
Any ideas the part that goes around the climate control and headunit etc.

Pics would be better if possible, need to remove it so i can get it skinned :)

Scruff

Mar 11, 2010
I was thinking about doing this the other day but couldn't get my head around what to do with the little holes for the interior thermostat/heat sensor (assuming thats whats behind it?)

DUB BOY

Jan 8, 2010
London
have taken it out peice of p!ss just got to skin it in real carbon now, may be abit tricky never done it before

JW.CupraT

Aug 22, 2010
Leeds
Im replacing mine too. Just read the link that was provided guess i have to take the stereo out too? (standard one) mk1

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
yes stereo needs to be removed to get to the screws it hides
one is accessed through sig lighter tray
this hides two behind it
5min job max to remove

swapped mine from grey effect to black on sunday in no time

JW.CupraT

Aug 22, 2010
Leeds
Cheers mate, what size are the torx screws and also how did you remove the stereo? dont want to damage the stereo. I first thought you could remove the two side panels that are raised on the climate control unit, obviously not.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
t20 torx
& cross head aka phillips for the cig lighter one
you can either get tools from a stealer to do this, but seems old credit card cut right can do
essentially you insert at the side where there is a slight slit and it pushes in a spring that holds it in place

JW.CupraT

Aug 22, 2010
Leeds
Nice one mate, Ive got the cig lighter screw out as i only had a phillips lol. Need to wait for my mate to get home then i'll get a t20 off him. Cheers for the response mate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.