Repair - How Much?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I wont bore you with the details but I now have a dent and a couple of scratches on my front passenger wing, and a slightly messed up alloy (which is less of a concern). Going to the garage tomorrow to get it checked out for any unseen damage.

How much is it likely to cost to get the wing sorted? :(

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
that really depends on the damage but i would guess panel beating and respray would cost at least £150, probably more.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Arch liner has got a small buckle in it to.

Have to take it into somewhere in the next few days!

Bloody A4 driver undertaking me because I 'broke too hard' ie he was too close behind me. Ended up trying to get back in my lane whilst I was still there.

He wouldnt give me his insurance details so he will be getting a visit from the boys in blue, what an idiot! [:@]

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
he wouldnt give you his insurance details? then he broke the law! i hope you got his registration plate, name and address!!!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
hmmm, perhaps im talking out of my arse, is it law to provide your insurance details? in fact, thinking about it....i am talking out of my arse! :)

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Oh no he wouldnt give me his name or address either.

Got his reg plate, video of him 'talking' to me, etc.

Lesson learnt with regards to idiot drivers.

Hopefully wont be too expensive to fix :(

Yes he has broken the law, silly really as it seems he has a valid insurance policy but is now in trouble with the law.

Triple D

any pictures of the damage? might beable to give a better idea on price to fix it

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Sadly not. And it is a bit dark for a photo now.

Wheel arch is out of shape in one place, and a few other small scratches. Cant really describe it much better. But obviously a picture paints a thousand words.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
La la la...........

Back with pics

IMGP0154.jpg

IMGP0152.jpg

IMGP0147.jpg

IMGP0145.jpg

IMGP0146.jpg

The alloy is dirty, and not sure how bad it'll look when its cleaned up. But they are going soon anyway, so not a major.

Getting the wing sorted is a priority!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
ouch, that dent in the wing is a bitch! its a real crunch, when thats beaten out it will def. crack the paint if its not cracked already!

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Mmmm.....and a panel and spray would be £?

Sorry im being a pain. Had the car in the local garage today to check all is OK, had tracking done. All good except that so not had a chance to get near a bodyshop.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Lesson learnt with regards to moron drivers!

Shame it's going to prove to be a little costly. Almost makes me wish I was still driving my 306 :D:D actually.........no!

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Ibiza and Leon wings arent the same are they? :confused:

Bit more than i was expecting, but still not worth going through insurance for.

Body shop phoning around and visiting (possibly) tomorrow then, oh the joys!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
sorry, I had it in my head it was an Ibiza

but I'd certainly just claim from him - if you have his plate, give that to your insurers & let them do the donkey work

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.