Repair - How Much?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I am not sure I would win the claim, therefore to avoid hassle was just going to pay out for it.

He says it was my fault, i maintain most of the evidence points to it being his fault. Difficult to prove really.

But with a £350 excess and the threat of having a claim on my insurance I dont know if it is worth the gamble. :confused:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Took car to garage on Tuesday for it to be checked over, nothing too serious needed the tracking redoing.

Then today come to drive out of the works car park at lunch and it struggled to start, driven it about 50yards around the car park and nothing..............just stopped dead :shrug:

Couldnt start it again so its been pushed onto the road and I've called the AA :cry:

Any ideas? :confused:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I would still run it through your insurance
cos otherwise he might try it on with his insurance company and claim you were to blame and then you get shafted all cos you didn't put the claim in first.

kerrbryan

Sep 30, 2005
Ayrshire, Scotland
Claim, especially as you have reported him. Get the incident number etc from the boys in blue for your ins company. Tell them what happened and that he is denying blame. Gave you no details etc.. Get him in the **** and you should be ok

There are some twats on the road. The fact he undertook you alone should help you out!

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Wont say much more on the insurance front, if anyone wants more details then drop me a PM, especially if you are in the know about insurance ;)
He can't claim as he has not got my details, well he may (I'm not even sure he took that) have my number plate. He wasn't interested in having them.

As for the not starting seems to be a completely unrelated fuel pump problem. AA got it started again and took afternoon off work to take it to dealers with the AA following Got 20miles or so and then it died again so I got a bit of a tow.

Now in dealers with them having a look at it!

I hate my car this week :headhurt: