replacing parking lights front lights

carldavies13

Jun 28, 2011
Just a few pics of them!!
exeo1.jpg

exeo.jpg

have also just replaced the number plate lights to smd LED's no pics yet.

Fail on the festoon led's i put in they work but show bulb out error!!!

Exeo-Sheep

Fitted these last week and they work with no bulb-out errors:

Ebay Search:

LED Light Bulbs T10 - 501 - T10 - 8SMD - 1210 CANBUS 8 SMD White Sidelight.

Autoperformanceonline. (Can't post URL - new member)

Only ordered two not realising that there are four but re-ordered and they all work OK. Just need to swap them round to get the correct polarity.

Not too bright but have a better colour than the originals which had a blue casing. Guessing that they were OEM as the car's only 12 months old.

carldavies13

Jun 28, 2011
looking real good, how much (K) do they produce???? I got the numberplateleds too.
I used to turn the garagelights on at night when i parking it but sinds i got the leds i don't need too, it illuminates the whole garage....:p. I got the interior and numberplatelght from bluecars.net. more info on the modificationthread.

If i remeber they produce about the 6000k mark!! Now looking at the Gp thunder 5800k headlights and the LED number plate unit instead of the bulbs.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
:think: £27.49 is still a bit too much really IMO.

All I want is a pair of good quality Festoon LED bulbs (38mm I think for the Exeo Sallon) and then I will knock up a pair of resistors for them.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Or maye I will just solder a couple of these clicky onto the end caps of the stock festoon bulbs and make sure that they are pointing down onto the reg plate. The super bright white light will overpower the stock bulbs whilst the stock bulbs keep the can bus happy. :shrug:

Worth a go for a couple of quid, actually I think I have some LED's like that in my shed........................

mcdonald

:think: £27.49 is still a bit too much really IMO.

It's not too bad as these are complete lamp units.

All I want is a pair of good quality Festoon LED bulbs (38mm I think for the Exeo Sallon) and then I will knock up a pair of resistors for them.

Why placing a resistor across? You can also place a normal festoon parallel to the LED festoon.
Be aware that the license plate lamps are placed parallel to each other and so will be the resistors.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
No i used basic Leds, i will take a look @ these. It's also hard to rach for the inner leds in the headlights. My hands looked like i had a fight with a cat :p.

Thanks again mcdonald
(Bedankt hé noorderbuur)
You MUST take the cat out first lol. ......................................!!

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Looking nice I like the exeo a lot and would like one my self nice to see people actually modding them likening where ur going with this

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Reg plate LED's

I have ordered two 600k SMD LED 38mm festoon bulbs (error free) and two 10w 47ohm wire wound resistors because I know that error free LED's and the Exeo don't go together.

ALL for under £10

They may not be as bright as the expensive replacement lights above but to me they seem too bright anyway.

Pics to follow when the goodies arrive.

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Well, the SMD (error free) festoon bulbs came today and as expected they are not error free on the Exeo. What do you expect for £2, but the delivery was quick. Sadly I could only find 50w resistors in my shed and they would be a bit OTT and the 10w ones I ordered have yet to come.

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Updated all my front lights except fogs. Side lights are now led and dip and main beam are osram cool blue intense. Not perfect pure white to look at but do appear white / blue on the road and are 100% road legal
Link for led side lights. No error shown as yet

130517466172 eBay number

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9nmsjpkz52wfml/Photo 23-09-2014 08 07 08 pm.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uqcia9zg0ukt6u/Photo 23-09-2014 08 07 02 pm.jpg?dl=0[

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1zgbcat6e0ebdu/Photo 23-09-2014 08 06 57 pm.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
Hopefully that's what mine will look like come Saturday afternoon. I will be removing my front bumper in a friends garage, in order to change them all out.

H1 and H7 Osram Nightbreakers for Main and Dipped, and these for the sidelights :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130517466172?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I'd like some nice white LED's for the fogs, if I can find any that suit.

Is it possible to change the rear bulbs also?

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Iv had a ask about and folk are a bit hit and miss. I'm not sure they will work because I think there single element 21w and think they work in reduced voltage for side light and full 12 v for brake.
Good luck changing your bulbs. If bumper is held on same as passat there not too bad to remove. Row of screws on under panel 4 down each wheel arch and 9 across top some under front grill.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.