Returning from the Dark Side: New owner of a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDI

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
HI all,

I have moved from the dark side (Leon Cupra R) to bying a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDI :happy:

Had an Ibiza Mk3 for my 1st car so doing a u TURN.

Really happy with it, bit strange with the diesel noise but it's awesome when not at the fuel pump every 3 days! Garage attendant is missing me I think :cartman:

May write up a readers ride thread soon as I never got round to this when owning the Leon.

Just saying hello to my new Ibiza family lol

Mark

Last edited:

laz_man

Hello!

I'm pretty new to the forums and Seat ownership. Opted for the Ibiza Sport TDi as I didn't want to spend all my spare time filling up. Been a few months now and so far the economy is great, even coming from a weeny Smart Roadster Coupe (50mpg regardless!).

The diesel rumble and big heavy lump at the front took a bit of time getting used to, but I've adjusted to the weight and handling now. Think I'll have to invest in new front tyres soon though. Got to improve my grip and reduce the wheel spin without having to creep off. I don't even try and it spins for fun! '~'

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
no you will find that we ARE the dark side and if you don't cover everyone behind you with 3 inches of soot every time you accelerate your just not trying hard enough:p

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
From Falkirk Mate. Work around Scotland though and I am sometimes in Largs so will look out for you.

Your rite about covering everybody in soot bald_eagle! :lol:
Is there a way to reduce this? as there is a lot of soot coming from mine at full acceleration. Or is this just normal? My EGR Valve was clogged up, cleaned it and blanking it, but its still pouring out soot!
Maybe it's just me coming from a petrol!

TonyK

Vodka?
Jul 16, 2006
Northampton
Has it been remapped before you bought it? I only saw smoke once mine was remapped (this went away once I had a full Milltek fitted though). Alternative is you've got a boost leak, can you hear any air rushing past at full acceleration?

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I think its normal to have soot come out on full acceleration karizma.. Ive got it on my FR TDi when I give it stick but dont get anything when driving normally.

Its good seeing the faces of some people when you literally 'smoke' them haha. I dont think they expect an Ibiza to be so quick! I was actually quite surprised myself when I got it.. coming from a 1.2 Corsa :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members