Returning suspension to standard (Cupra 6L)

Russ220

Mar 31, 2019
I've been sourcing parts to revert my Cupra back to standard ride height/suspension and ditching the coilovers. The number of those narrow 'dome' speed bumps appearing my way are making my commute unbearable. Tbh the coilovers were already on the car when I bought it so no major worries in ditching them.
The only thing I'm struggling to source is a set of standard Cupra springs, if anyone has any suggestions as to anywhere to look? Obviously not fussed about being new or used, genuine or OE equivalent, either is good enough, just not lowering springs

Any help is greatly appreciated

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I replaced both mine at 7 years old and 80k miles. Could not find them aftermarket then so the dealer did them for £50.17+Vat at the time. That was 7 years ago. Check the strut top bearing while you are in there.. I had to do mine about the same time and that could be what broke the springs.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
I've been sourcing parts to revert my Cupra back to standard ride height/suspension and ditching the coilovers. The number of those narrow 'dome' speed bumps appearing my way are making my commute unbearable. Tbh the coilovers were already on the car when I bought it so no major worries in ditching them.
The only thing I'm struggling to source is a set of standard Cupra springs, if anyone has any suggestions as to anywhere to look? Obviously not fussed about being new or used, genuine or OE equivalent, either is good enough, just not lowering springs

Any help is greatly appreciated

I got some stock shocks with 30mm Vogtland springs on them, I'll straight swap for your coilovers if you want?

Need to be able to adjust ride height on my Cupra when I'm carrying weight in the rear.

Russ220

Mar 31, 2019
Cheers for the replies, I have no doubt the top mounts will need doing for sure.

Russ220

Mar 31, 2019
I got some stock shocks with 30mm Vogtland springs on them, I'll straight swap for your coilovers if you want?

Need to be able to adjust ride height on my Cupra when I'm carrying weight in the rear.

Perfect!! Drop me a private message .just need to arrange a weekend we can do the swap as it's my only car

Russ220

Mar 31, 2019
I finally managed to get this sorted. The ride is so much better, it isn't crashy anymore and still handles pretty well, more importantly I've got some ground clearance. Weirdly it's considerably better than my pals FR TDi too, the dampers seem to actually work and absorb the bumps!

I went for a set of 9N Polo GTi OE springs and shocks

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
I finally managed to get this sorted. The ride is so much better, it isn't crashy anymore and still handles pretty well, more importantly I've got some ground clearance. Weirdly it's considerably better than my pals FR TDi too, the dampers seem to actually work and absorb the bumps!

Useful info for Mk.4 Ibiza pilots looking at options.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Weirdly it's considerably better than my pals FR TDi too, the dampers seem to actually work and absorb the bumps!

Thats because the Seat shocks are notoriously stiffer than anything else, so effectively you've just fitted softer suspension.