Right Fuel Pump?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I had mine fitted along with an uprated manifold so cant comment on what gains just the fuel pump gave. But i can certainly feel an on the road difference, which is what it is all about at the end of the day. Car feels alot stronger at higher revs and feels like its not tailing off as much as before once you go over 5k

tommy2008cupra

ye same as cupramillo its not going back on rr till early dec i think also guna try and get boost and timing knocked up too

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Right , just out £25 worth of V-Power in the car today and the fuel guage would usually go at the least above half a tank, but it rose to in between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank so i got the same problem :(

tommy2008cupra

ye told you mate now i cant get over half a tank but doesnt seem to go down very quick??? ran out of fuel the other day aswell cos i showed i had quarter of a tank but there was none in there!!!!

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
looking to get the lcr pump my self but not sour if i get it now as it has problems with the level of fuel.. hope someone can find a way to fix this.

daves ibiza

lol i couldnt handle wrong readings that would do my nut:lol:. hows ur car running tommy

tommy2008cupra

good man got new plugs in runs slightly better now just awaiting gasket from bill and then back on rr butt

tommy2008cupra

ye they were there lol bad news about the plugs though butt i dropped one cos i had to use scissors to get em out (dont ask lol) and now one of them is on the road sumwhere

daves ibiza

:censored: lol carnt you do any thing right lol only joking mate guna pay charlie a visit later get my turbosmart on and new exhaust.:funk:. then guna get coil packs and plugs :cry:

tommy2008cupra

i know i knew i would do sumthin wrong lol nice u gettin all that today are u butt?

Deleted member 39269

You have to take the unit off the Ibiza pump. I couldn't be bothered so I just threw it in with the LCR sender unit on!

I will have to take it back out soon though so I'm regretting the decision already!

Easy job to swap them over?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Where is the fuel pump actually located? Is it underneath the rear seats or around that area?

My fuel guage does not go up that high when i put fuel in, but the trip computer seems to give the correct reading, also the fuel needle does drop very slowly

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members