Rolling Road figures

Dubbernut

Dec 16, 2006
Well just got back from a club day on the Rollers. Only had the FR Tdi a few weeks and really enjoyed the torque but like most allways want more so a re-map was on the cards.
Was looking for standard numbers as it was from a main dealer etc and only 2 years old.
How amazed was i to see 205.9 bhp and 339.7 lbft Result :clap:

Obviously had work done by the previous owner but no record as to wats been done.

Seat til I die

Lap Record Holder
Oct 14, 2007
yh thats reely good, bet u was pleased as punch.
gotta have had something doing on it surely... sneaky!!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
you NEED to know what its had done to it as a priority
not knowing this is more likely to make it go BANG!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Yeah, your right. They say cure is better than prevention, so might as well ignore it.
Out of interest, who's rolling road did you use?

Dubbernut

Dec 16, 2006
339lb-ft or NM? Big difference in these figures.

lb-ft mate.

The turbo has had some work done to it by the sounds of it as it whistles like no other derv I or the staff at Stealth ever listned to.
Its going back to Stealth so Vince can have a good look at it, plus im going back to the dealer to see if they can shed some more light on it.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
:whistle:cough don't tell them and plead ignorante cough:whistle:
Suppose you could do. Most people can easily afford the cost of their own car, someone elses, compensation and court costs etc without any help from insurance. I'm almost gutted that i spent £450 to cover my car when i had my accident 5 yrs ago and saved myself over £80,000 by being legal. I should maybe jump on the bandwagon and let other people pay a big hike each year to cover me. :shrug:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If he doesn't know about the extra power and the garage didn't tell him or even know themselves how can he be liable?
I wouldn't but it is always an option in this case;)

Dubbernut

Dec 16, 2006
Told them its had a re-map and turbo upgrade as starters. They have pretty much said that it doesnt matter what gets done to it performance tuning wise as it wont affect my premium although the excces may go up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise