RVC reversing camera installed

mostafa syaj

Mar 1, 2019
Middle EAST
How about this part? Did the module accept the adaptation?

5F ADAPTATION:
CAR FUNCION LIST BAP GEN2-VPS-----ACTIVE
CAR FUNCION LIST GEN2 - VPS msg bus -------TERMINAL 15

Attachments

• 52979938_367366767201552_5315026882113044480_n.jpg
    52979938_367366767201552_5315026882113044480_n.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 341

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I'm still waiting for mine. Should be here by the end of the day but I will start the retrofit next week.

Did you activate the camera (6C) in the 19-Gateway module?

mostafa syaj

Mar 1, 2019
Middle EAST
Did you order from Carsystems? I ordered from them (RVC high) and here's what they sent me:

Hi

I send you coding information and scheme how connect this set

ADD 6C TO 19

5F ADAPTATION:

Calibration you will have to do yourself if you need it
Best regards

Carsystems Team

Very poor instruction info but I believe I will make it with some help from ELSAwin. What did you use for the coding? VCDS or something else? The above instructions are for VCDS.
What do you mean by add 6c to 19

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
You should try to go to module 19 which is the Gateway module and activate 6C which is for the camera. That's only with VCDS if I'm not mistaken. I haven't tried it myself yet to know for sure but that's what they told me from Carsystems where I bought the camera.

Note that this applies to the oem camera.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
So the camera is up and running. Dynamic lines and everything!

The coding I mentioned above is correct then. To sum up:

19 - Gateway --> Installation List --> Activate "6C-Backing up camera" --> Save
5F - Electronic System --> Adaptations -->

10 - Steer/Park Assist --> Byte 4-5 --> 10 Rearview Camera

What's most important though is the coding of the camera that should be done by the seller (in my case carsystems.eu). Because the highline camera was never an option for the Leon, the camera has to be coded for another MQB model which in my case is a Golf. The thing is that the coding was done for the emblem camera of the Golf and did not work properly at first. I had to send a full scan to the seller so that he could identify the mistake and suggest to uncode the swining logo (byte 4 bit 6 in 6C module).

Of course the system needs calibration in order to be 100% correct but I won't bother as this is a task for a dealership and since it's not even a factory option I don't think they will help.

Reactions: mostafa syaj

mostafa syaj

Mar 1, 2019
Middle EAST
So the camera is up and running. Dynamic lines and everything!

The coding I mentioned above is correct then. To sum up:

19 - Gateway --> Installation List --> Activate "6C-Backing up camera" --> Save
5F - Electronic System --> Adaptations -->

10 - Steer/Park Assist --> Byte 4-5 --> 10 Rearview Camera

What's most important though is the coding of the camera that should be done by the seller (in my case carsystems.eu). Because the highline camera was never an option for the Leon, the camera has to be coded for another MQB model which in my case is a Golf. The thing is that the coding was done for the emblem camera of the Golf and did not work properly at first. I had to send a full scan to the seller so that he could identify the mistake and suggest to uncode the swining logo (byte 4 bit 6 in 6C module).

Of course the system needs calibration in order to be 100% correct but I won't bother as this is a task for a dealership and since it's not even a factory option I don't think they will help.
congratulations my friend .can you provide me a video for your display when camera shown display and camera form

champ222

Mar 4, 2019
Hi

Ive just had a read through this.

I understand everything except the coding, and maybe which camera i can use.

Few questions, what is OPS? is this parking sensors on the screen? I have aftermarket parking sensors, which seem to work ok, but make an awful sounding beep that is far too loud.

I have a March 2015 Leon ST SE with the tech pack, does this apply to me?

So i assume i need VCDS? looking at the cost of this, £225 isnt it? i cant justify this for a rear view camera, and i'm not sure how much other use i would get out of VCDS... can it be done another way? with cheaper software?

Thanks

Deleted member 103408

Re coding I am sure you can use OBD11 but you need the Pro Version.

mostafa syaj

Mar 1, 2019
Middle EAST
ok great you've to buy vcds vagcom by ali express with just 30 $ if you want .... but you have to close the internet and antiviruse because the not orginal item .......thats all and my viewpoint vcds is more powerfull than the obd11 if you need more help you are welcome friend ...

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Quick question, I installed the RVC but it only works when connected to external battery, when I connect to reverse light, the camera does not show up, and all the other lights start popping errors in the screen. Seems that its trying to pull too much power. Did you guys used the rectifier provided with the camera?

Reactions: Bruno.73
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.