RVC reversing camera installed

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Quick question, I installed the RVC but it only works when connected to external battery, when I connect to reverse light, the camera does not show up, and all the other lights start popping errors in the screen. Seems that its trying to pull too much power. Did you guys used the rectifier provided with the camera?

Yes you need a filter because the voltage is not clean, it's pulsed. Otherwise my camera flickered, assume the same for others.

Thought it was mentioned on here...

Anyway this is what I used

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BN5ZD94?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Everything is working now, thanks guys.

The camera quality is not that good, I was looking into some HD cameras, but they are PAL, in previous post car-help-uk said that he bought NTSC because its compatible, anyone tried a PAL camera on they Leon?

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Got mine today from China.
Just got to buy the other adapters and get it fitted/wired up.

How did everyone wire it up to the rear lights and number plate lights?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi Dannnn,

Can you clarify your question?

Number plate light, is just unplug the OEM, and plug this.

For power to reverse light, I used one of these.

57442170_2.jpg

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Hi Dannnn,

Can you clarify your question?

Number plate light, is just unplug the OEM, and plug this.

For power to reverse light, I used one of these.

57442170_2.jpg
Number plate light doesn't have a plug. It's two wires with bare ends.

As for the reverse light I didn't really want to use one of those but never mind

My AV cable has a power wire running through it too. Any ideas if that needs plugging in anywhere?

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
Number plate light doesn't have a plug. It's two wires with bare ends.

As for the reverse light I didn't really want to use one of those but never mind

My AV cable has a power wire running through it too. Any ideas if that needs plugging in anywhere?

I think I have the same sort of kit I'm currently installing, I will be making a full detailed 'how to'....
I'm planning on crimping 2 female spade connectors to the 2 led wires on the unit.
The RCA cable with the red cable is just incase someone's fitting a camera where the head unit requires a switched 12v feed from the camera. This is so the head unit will auto show the feed however our cars already do this.
I'll be using this cable however to wire the power to a switched 12v feed from the fuse box so whenever the ignition is on the cameras got constant power. I've heard some people having trouble with pulsing power feeds from the reverse light power.

Reactions: shanec07

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I think I have the same sort of kit I'm currently installing, I will be making a full detailed 'how to'....
I'm planning on crimping 2 female spade connectors to the 2 led wires on the unit.
The RCA cable with the red cable is just incase someone's fitting a camera where the head unit requires a switched 12v feed from the camera. This is so the head unit will auto show the feed however our cars already do this.
I'll be using this cable however to wire the power to a switched 12v feed from the fuse box so whenever the ignition is on the cameras got constant power. I've heard some people having trouble with pulsing power feeds from the reverse light power.
I think I've got a way round the pulsing issue.
Apparently the reverse light bulb is only set to 86% power which is controlled by pulsing the power
I reckon sticking it up to 100% will sort that issue, if not you can put a filter in to stop it

From what I've read, you shouldn't have the camera on all the time as it can kill it fairly quickly

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
I think I've got a way round the pulsing issue.
Apparently the reverse light bulb is only set to 86% power which is controlled by pulsing the power
I reckon sticking it up to 100% will sort that issue, if not you can put a filter in to stop it

From what I've read, you shouldn't have the camera on all the time as it can kill it fairly quickly

Will have a play around when get chance to see if I can get it to work off the reverse without a filter

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I wouldn't have thought having the power constantly on is a good idea. Use the reverse light power with a rectifier like I did?

FRSJack

Mar 21, 2019
Will have a play around when get chance to see if I can get it to work off the reverse without a filter

Hi APR95,

I saw your tag saying you do OBD11 programming. I have a question if you see this post. I have recently installed an aftermarket reverse camera on my Seat Ibiza FR Sport (2019). I have done the coding which brings up the reverse camera on screen when in reverse gear. Though the trouble is, when I come out of reverse screen the camera stays on the screen for around an extra 5 seconds. I believe this is because my car does not have the OPS installed and cars that come with the optical parking sensors would show the sensors on screen for a few extra seconds. Is there a way around this so the camera screen turns off straight away? Also some times I get a message saying park pilot is not available .

Hope what I've said makes sense.

Kind Regards,

Jack

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruno Maia

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Are you sure it does not have to do with speed? The camera should turn off when you reach 7-10mph or something, not when you disengage reverse.

The park pilot message is a matter of coding but I can't help you that. I do not use OBD11.

FRSJack

Mar 21, 2019
Are you sure it does not have to do with speed? The camera should turn off when you reach 7-10mph or something, not when you disengage reverse.

The park pilot message is a matter of coding but I can't help you that. I do not use OBD11.

I see, my understanding is when you disengage reverse gear it automatically turns off the screen and goes back to what was previously on the screen straight away i.e the radio.

But as said, sometimes once it does go off it will display the park pilot not available message, which I believe is because of my car does not have any sensors or OPS, as I did not want to wait over three months extra haha...

But thanks for your reply

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
I see, my understanding is when you disengage reverse gear it automatically turns off the screen and goes back to what was previously on the screen straight away i.e the radio.

But as said, sometimes once it does go off it will display the park pilot not available message, which I believe is because of my car does not have any sensors or OPS, as I did not want to wait over three months extra haha...

But thanks for your reply

I do believe that it could be just the speed switch off. I have ops activated and it says on that screen for a few seconds afterwards. You could always activate ops so the car pops up but I don't see it'll do much of a difference

Kisszabo

Aug 25, 2015
Hungary - Győr
I may have a question for you...
i have two 5F, one with Mib1, and one with Mib2. I made a RVC in Mib1 car, (Mib2 was factory default) and if you took in Reverse Gear, there is a Black Rectangle around the little car view... and this will hide out, / transparent about 2 seconds... Can this transparent time reduce? because in Mib2 there is no waste, it will be transparent immediately... Thanks for your help!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members