ScottHmk4 - 1.2 Cupra replica (Now Sold)

darmon

Hi mate, glad to see your enjoying the car!

About a week after I sold it to you, I really wish I hadnt got rid of it! :(

Dont get rid of those speakers - they were £350! haha - what else you done to it? Will you send me some pictures aswell?

I miss her :(

matty_glanza

Aug 15, 2011
Cheshire
Hi Yeh love it still! You end up getting a 192 clio? Nah not getting rid of them thinking of installing some in the back along with an amp and amp the fronts aswell. I've done a number of things but mainly just cleaning it twice weekly its become a bit of an obsession of mine. Thinking of refurbing the wheels and maybe a front bumper respray soon. I removed most of the stickers off it due to having a 60 pound compound buff on it the week after I bought it :). Il send you some pics soon!

darmon

ah, so you were brave then and removed the stickers - i pondered it, but wondered how it'd have left the paintwork! If i'd have kept it, a front bumper respray was next on my list - there was a slight bit of lacquer people was driving me insane

I didnt get the clio 197 in the end, i'm in a Fiesta for the time being - its got nothing on the Ibiza unfortunately :(

Would love to see some pics of it, glad to hear you've not removed the speakers - they were the first thing i bought for it, really good quality!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
he emailed me these a while back, hope he doesn't mind me posting them

5-13.jpg

6-12.jpg

1-15.jpg

2-15.jpg

3-15.jpg

4-13.jpg

matty_glanza

Aug 15, 2011
Cheshire
Thanks for posting them am going struggle get to a comp till Monday so it helped :D if the weather good on Monday il polish it up an take sum pics for everyone :).
Wot engine fiesta you have now?
The collars on my arb broke off about 2 months ago so instead of replacing it with a standard 16 mm an put a 20 mm on an it handles like a dream now :) been considering coilys but think its defo going to be bumper spray then wheels

darmon

I'm in a 1.4 fiesta - because I work in Manchester, and the idea of the 197 fell through I needed a car ASAP, so found a decent enough fiesta and just bought it.

I quite like the fiestas in general though, so may get myself an ST or something - bit quicker and nicer to look at!

matty_glanza

Aug 15, 2011
Cheshire
yeh i like the fiestas an have thought maybe getting rid of mine for a mk6 zs when my no claims comes through but the only thing that puts me off is the amount of them you see. i no mine is a rep but i dont think ive ever seen a mk4 cupra on the road. you could get the zs diesel ive seen one that was 180bhp which would be nice plus still would get plenty of mpg.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Made my day seeing this car on the roads near me a few months back. Nice to know it's still being looked after like it was when Scott had it. It's a really smart looking car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members