seat ibiza 1998 tdi 90bhp power steering & locking failure

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Cantabrico blue S5U paint code. No idea on the centre cap situation as yours has got the wheels from a mk3 ibiza sport. Seat might still sell the though.... Worth asking david at sere motors on here. part numbers 6K0601149D or 6K0601149AA depends which year car the wheels came from. There might be a part number on the centre caps you have though.

gaz2002

Aug 30, 2010
yorkshire
any1 know how to change the fan belt on the tdi. iv changed the power steering belt, which i though cured my squeaky problem, but now its back. doesnt squeak when on full lock anymore but squeaks when driving. any1 know what this could be?coming from the belts area.

cheers

gaz2002

Aug 30, 2010
yorkshire
only just got the car but have been told the cambelt was changed last october. (going to change this soon anyway, always do when get a new car and only £25) dont have a clue about the alternator belt but these arnt expensive so will be changing this once i know how to get the old 1 off lol

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Dunno where your getting your cambelt from, but while your doing it replace the tensioner and other roller on it otherwise you'll kick yourself when they fall apart and kill your engine. The proper way of doing the cambelt is described in the tdiclub.com faq. The alternator belt you first take off the power steering belt. Then just use a lever to slacken the spring loaded tensioner wheel and slide it off.

gaz2002

Aug 30, 2010
yorkshire
why? is that 2 expensive or too cheap for a cam belt?? you got any pics of the tensioner and roller that you say replace???

gaz2002

Aug 30, 2010
yorkshire
Ok cheers. May aswell buy the kit at that price. Mine does not have air con, will the 1 you shown me be ok for my car??

Cheers

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Aircon doesn't effect the cambelt and that kit "should" be ok. Just make sure it is for the tdi. It Will affect the alternator belt though. If you live close to a eurocarparts your better off going in person as if you have problems it's much easier to sort out.

gaz2002

Aug 30, 2010
yorkshire
got em, yes 1 of them abit closer. will go down at weekend.
also in the drivers door handle, there is no barrel in the lock. any idea how to sort this? the remote central locking still works so not an urgent repair

cheers again. also

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Umm you'll need to buy all the parts. Don't know how you go about getting it to match your key though. What i would do is just stick a delocked one on the passenger side and use your passenger side one on the drivers side. Just take the handle out and the lock comes with it. To get a delocked handle go to a scrappy and get a handle from the back of a 4 door polo.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I would definetely change the tensioners with the cambelt.

My cambelt was changed before I bought my car but the tensioners hadn't, and when I replaced it the last belt had stretched and was hitting the cam belt cover because the tensioner had stopped working and wasnt tensioning the belt. :blink:

I was really lucky that it didnt slip off the pulleys or anything like that.