Shall I change my open Cone for an LCR airbox?

jamiebennett81

I am thinking about changing my open cone filter for an LCR airbox (smoothed), with an uprated panel filter and a large air cold air feed

is this worth doing?

I might be going BT soon, and I know I will be getting a custom intake pipe fitted, which might negate the effort to change my whole air intake

I managed to run about 185 on the air intake when doing some logs the other night, which is pretty spot on, although could be a tiny bit more maybe

opinions please? (also if anyone could post up the link for the thread that J@mes did on his modified air intake, that would be much appreciated as he got some very good readings!)

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
i have standard airbox with panel filter and a 90mm cold air feed from the front fog light area. havnt done any logs but before i got around 185+ without the cold air feed. i was thinking of going for a cone filter but its going to get too much hot air where as the airbox is sealed and now just getting cold air from that feed

jamiebennett81

i have standard airbox with panel filter and a 90mm cold air feed from the front fog light area. havnt done any logs but before i got around 185+ without the cold air feed. i was thinking of going for a cone filter but its going to get too much hot air where as the airbox is sealed and now just getting cold air from that feed

yeah thats my main reason behind it, direct cold air feed and it should get a higher air intake reading too hopefully. It is a cheap and easy mod

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.