Show off your intercooler thread

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi guys just fitted my custom intercooler and i have went down the route of fully exposen my one just waiting till jan to get the bumper sprayed.

I understand that some guys and girls like keeping them hidden or even spaying them black so hears your chance to show it off :D

Last edited:

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
2009_0724a10001.jpg

now with colour coded bumpstrips and a new custom charge pipe going down the side of the rocker cover and down the nearside wing

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
If you mean mine mate?? Thanks, Yea treated my self when i came back from offshore :)

Like chris i relocated my charge pipe down past the washer bottle ect looks better.

If your getting a uni intercooler mate i would advise you to upgrade the j-clips to t-bolt clamps.

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
If you mean mine mate?? Thanks, Yea treated my self when i came back from offshore :)

Like chris i relocated my charge pipe down past the washer bottle ect looks better.

If your getting a uni intercooler mate i would advise you to upgrade the j-clips to t-bolt clamps.

Yes mean yours mate. Yours is looking good to Chris

And thanks for that info,also it will be a uni one. Not to everyones taste,but as you know
But can't fford a forge one.

Are these ones rated to 300bhp ?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
How it used to be when it 1st went on but was too much in your face for my liking
Photo0087.jpg

during fitting before it was centred more next to the standard cooler
P9240011.jpg

All painted black in stealth mode

Photo0097-1.jpg

ghetto ducting has been replaced with proper neoprene stuff that forge uses.

Should be big enough has a deep enough core aswell.

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Yes mean yours mate. Yours is looking good to Chris

And thanks for that info,also it will be a uni one. Not to everyones taste,but as you know
But can't fford a forge one.

Are these ones rated to 300bhp ?

No probs bud.

Well there has been mixed thots about this subject, there is guys who use these uni intercoolers running them type of figers.

Plus i think the uni one looks better reason being they fit perfect in your bumper vertical and u can see the pipes at the side, But thats my thots.

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Cupramillo looks good, but whats happened to your LCR front splitter?

Cheers mate, i have never had a LCR front splitter, since i had it lowered i cant get into my driveway without scraping my bumper. If i had a splitter on the front it wouldnt last 2minutes. I could either make the car higher and have a splitter(which i dont want to do) or leave it lowered with out a splitter.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
The car is low, but not stupid low, too many speed bumps. Its just my drive way is a right basta*d, short steep entry, no matter what angle or speed you come in at, its scrapage time!

aid20v

Hey RabReith89 do you have sum more photos of your pipework?Am also sure this use to be my mates darren old car from middlefield/northfield or am i mistaken