Show us your coilovers Pics please

scoobsta1990

Ohhhhhh yes....been in for adjustments 3 times because of it mate..still not quite right but 98% of time is ok

mine can be really bad if someones in the back, might look at some shorter rubber mounts or bend the metal bracket up more so i get some clearance under the exhaust

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
I am more worried about the Whiteline rear ARB droplinks they are the lowest thing to the floor (apart from the sump on the diesel obviously)

Mines that low on the back it rubs some of the time and rear anti roll bar has never been a worry, the linkages are protected by the wheels so you'l be fine :) Like you say its only the sump i worry about haha

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
mine can be really bad if someones in the back, might look at some shorter rubber mounts or bend the metal bracket up more so i get some clearance under the exhaust

Last time I was at Awesome they resorted to hitting it with a big pinchbar...lol Seemed to do the trick tho!

Aimez, the Whiteline ARB droplinks will be/are fine. I have no problems with mine.

x2

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
my exhaust has never hit once even with 3 peple in the back.Only time mine has hit is when i park up to a kerb and my tail pipe hits.

scoobsta1990

Last time I was at Awesome they resorted to hitting it with a big pinchbar...lol Seemed to do the trick tho!

x2

i might try technically adjusting it tomorro at work, see if i get a bit more clearance, i'll try not to damage it tho!

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
does anyone have problems with the exhaust hitting the rear axle on coilovers, because my milltek is very close to the axle at standard height, its on all the mounts properly.
thats the only thing apart from money thats stopping me from getting it lowered.

Yeh, my exhaust rattles when i'm pulling away, or reversing, but only when the clutch engages. I can live with it, it doesn't do it when i'm on the move.

My Miltek cleares with no problems :)

Your not low enough then! ;)

Here's my front end compared to a standard one in the background...

richbar.jpg

and back end...

ricbar2.jpg

FK silverline x's, rears all the way down in the above pic, front set to match.

Have since taken the adjuster cups out the rear and dropped the fronts another 5 turns. I've no pics of it like that just yet. I want to wind the fronts down another 5 turns again really, but the wheels rub the arches fairly often already! :lol:

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
haha rich85 knows how to do it!

they are stupid high standard chino arnt they, was looking at the dealer photos of my car today, i was like :|

cuprasi, ive just got te weitecs and fitted them last weekend, id recommend them anyday, comfier than i remember it ever been standard + its in the weeds and looks cool haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise