Silicon Dielectric Grease - Smoother running, more responsive & less smokey TDI!!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Well after nearly 2 years being sparing with my 3g tube of ebay, I bought this

dowcorn.jpg

100g tube :thumbup:

Clicky

Ronseal

Verdict after 2 weeks smoke on startup has reduced, and it does seem a bit smoother so worth £4!

Managed to drag my mpg from low 44's to 51 on a long trip, currently around 49 & getting 80-100miles extra out of a tank (was 480ish, now 560-580ish), at this rate i'm saving 2 gallons or £10 per fill up so in 30 tankfulls I'll be able to pay for a remap in just under 2yrs :happy:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Is this correct?

mafmap.jpg

What the SFS hoses! Looks nice Chris.

I finally got round to greasingt the MAF plugs this weekend on the Seat, the Accord, the Peugeot and on the wife's Civic. Not expecting any noticeable changes as I had not experienced any issues in the first place.

I should mention that the Seat was by far the most awkward one to deal with. The issue I had was prising the connectors apart (the same as everyone else it would appear). I finally parted it but I broke the lock tab located internally in the male connector. Having read this thread I was not aware that there was one in there. There is a recess on the top side of the male connector which with the help of a small electrical screwdriver may have released the tab. I don't think its the end of the world as I would be surprised if they came apart through vibration as the connection is pretty tight.

Job done though.

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
Just done my maf and map today, and although I was sceptical, it has definitely made a difference, and noticeable improvements in mpg. Well worth the £2.50! ;)

For anyone whose battling with a broken clip on their maf plug, you can get the plug off by using a thin flat blade screwdriver and manouvering it within the gap on the underside (on a PD)... a bit of pushing and prodding and it'll come off!

If you are finding it hard, it is worth unscrewing the airbox lid, using mole grips to loosen the metal clip and spin the whole lot round so you can see underneath... I did this at first so I could see what was happening :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.