Silicon Dielectric Grease - Smoother running, more responsive & less smokey TDI!!

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Tried this today, defiantely seems smoother, especially at startup and moving off from standstill. Not noticed any less smoke, but I love my smoke screen ;)

-LeonFR-

Well, I thought I'd give this a go and I'm impressed. The car is quieter on startup and picks up better with less lag. I particularly noticed that the cruise control regulates speed much better now when going up/down inclines. A nice improvement for pennies and only seconds of effort :)

such

Feb 14, 2009
my wifes ibiza is not giving good mpg's, so gonna give this a go. just bought the stuff from ebay. Now, where do I find the maf on a tdi 100pd 2004 ibiza? sorry for the basic ask :can someone describe where I can find this?

Thanks

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Hi all! found this thread, thought I`d say my bit.

I`m an aircraft engineer and we use dielectric silicon grease on connectors in areas prone to moisture, like cockpit and cabin floors. It is usually applied to the outside of connectors to prevent water ingress, and to provide further insulation.

The theory of its use here inside the MAF plug is sound, as it should minimise electrical leakage between connector pins, providing a `cleaner` signal (as long as the pins are still touching!). This should help the ECU collect more accurate readings and provide more accurate fuelling.

I tried it a while ago but could`nt get my MAF plug off! So after finding this thread I will give it another go!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Use an electrical tester screwdriver (phase tester) to push the inner tab in while you press the top of the tab and pull. Should release, it is tight the 1st few times you take it off.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
How much is this a tube ?

My mate gave me some of this last night, I'll confirm tonight whether it is the correct stuff, but we might be able to get this on the cheap if anyone is interested ?

I'll obviously go through the admin 1st, but need to check it's the correct stuff 1st :)

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Just read a few pages back, it's not expensive anyway, so wont bother. I'll still confirm whether it is the right stuff though before I give it a whirl :)

Think they are 200g tubes !