Slayed by Evo

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Freewheelin' said:
Some quick early Evo's though - for example there's an Evo III on the MLR running around 480bhp. Mainly a track car but road legal - can't imagine there's much around that could live with it :D

Is that the red one with a large fella driving it?
If it was, I was at Cadwell chasing this (and passing it) some months back. Was the fastest EVO I have yet come across.. I had to work a bit to pass it, but I did. :)
evo on slicks me on toyo r888's

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Madmile said:
The way you kill brakes Bill the Evo's would be dead in a day or two.

I have been quite good lately.. they are still working. :D
disks feel a little worse for wear mind you.. which is a bit confusing.. previous ones did a whole year, these have done very little and have "moved".

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
My brother has a FQ320 and I used to have a REVO'd LCR and it would eat mine for breakfast TWICE on sundays.
What you are forgetting is that most people on here CAN actually DRIVE ! ! were as the vast majority of EVO owners can't thats why they bought one because Clarkson said that "even an Idiot can go fast in one "

average driver + fast car = fast
good driver + average car = fast
good driver + fast car = really fast

And of course the Evo driver has the FEAR factor The fear of crashing a £30,000 car :happy: :happy:

Last edited:

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Put that same 'good' driver in the 'better' car and give them time to get used to it!

When I ran my 8v Ibiza it could show up loads of 'better' cars, although I was very used to it and wasn't too fussed if it broke. I was never under the illusion that a driver of similar capabilities in a better car that they knew as well wouldn't be quicker though.

Personnally I want to get a 'better' car, and nothing VAG offers fits the bill.. thus why I've been looking elsewhere for my next toy.
A good driver can do a lot in any car, however the rewards for that driver will differ between cars!

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
I raced an evo VII on the motorway from about 60mph to xxxmph and i got power down just slightly earlier and was right up his arse. No mods to date i'd like to mention. Everytime someone moved out the way though he was properly going for it the same time as me and he was pulling away but i reckon when i get mine remapped i doubt there would be alot in it! Round bends is a different matter unless you have hugh balls!

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Sussex Police apparently drive an unmarked red EVO VIII around (Sussex, strangley) and like to, how do I say, 'temp people' to give it a go.... Be careful...If your in the area!

Triple D

There sly feckers arn't they? wouldn't that be entrapment though if they try to tempt you into having a go?

Not really been near a evo while it was driven but not to long ago was following one of the V8 S4 s up a littlr section of uphill dual carridge way coming off a round about. Now i didn't really push that hard, (but i was leaving all the other computer traffic behind in a cloud of dust) but that S4 just rocketed away. It can't have been trying that hard either as there wasn't much noise coming from its tail pipes. Ok, it does have 340 odd bhp but it did sure make it look easy. I want to have a go in one of those one day.

SAM R LOVER

Jan 30, 2005
Have never had the joy to drive a late EVO but it looks like a whole lot of fun, but I think I would also be tempted by an R34 Skyline, as there actually coming in quite cheap these days...
VERN- what spec is your 330D? Im considering getting one. :)

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
SAM R LOVER said:
Have never had the joy to drive a late EVO but it looks like a whole lot of fun, but I think I would also be tempted by an R34 Skyline, as there actually coming in quite cheap these days...

Running a 330D is very costly, Vern had 8-10 girls working for him before he could afford one. :happy: :bleh:

SAM R LOVER

Jan 30, 2005
Hehe, very funny! are you implying that VERN is a pimp? LOL
There quite good on mpg tho, and would they cost anymore to service then a 330ci? I would of thought it would be almost identical.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
SAM R LOVER said:
Hehe, very funny! are you implying that VERN is a pimp? LOL
There quite good on mpg tho, and would they cost anymore to service then a 330ci? I would of thought it would be almost identical.
Well apart fromm the initial cost of the car you would save on fuel :)

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
SAM R LOVER said:

204 bhp model 6 speed 330 d sport silver grey

Tv/Sat nav/Teletext/Bluetooth/Black leather/Heated seats/6 disc changer/Xenon's/park sensors/auto wipers/mirrors/Cruise.......

Sam later models as mine come with tranferable 5 Yr/60K service pack, all inc free, oil/wipers etc , so if you do buy check, i just tax/insure and fuel and pay nowt else :D 45 mpg+ on 20 mile + run 35-38 mpg around town, 3L s6 turbo not bad i would say, oh yeah it's quiter than most petrols too :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
AoS said:
Sussex Police apparently drive an unmarked red EVO VIII around (Sussex, strangley) and like to, how do I say, 'temp people' to give it a go.... Be careful...If your in the area!

Cheltenham Police have acquired a white one - go get em billy boy :):):):)

ibizacupra said:
on track they're as doable as any other in my experience. Where they dont have a power advantage they still only have 4 wheels in contact with the ground.
ive sat next to a nutter in a warmed up innocenti mini taking on a 360 modena round castle coombe - lmao we were overtaking it on corners and waving

poor sod :)

SAM R LOVER

Jan 30, 2005
Looks very nice Vern! I'm definitley going to take a test drive, might see how much the second hand 03 spec ones are going for tho, would be rude not to remap it aswell I think...

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Knigh said:
Saw the silver Evo again this morning on the M23 - had pulled a 3 Series over.

Possibly saw it twice today on way to and from Gatport Airwick and yes it had possibly pulled someone both ways so in case you are in the area and you possibly see a silver Evo that could possibly have something like WX04 in some part of its reg, make sure you are doing 70 (as we all do...)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.