Software update A896

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Thought as such! Same here

A896 is the latest version. And as suspected, you don't get 1896 over the air.
Well, it depends what A896 is? If its 1896 broken into two (or more as people are suggesting there are three downloads) chunks then maybe it's the the OTA version of 1896 and is renamed to A for Air, A896?

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Well, it depends what A896 is? If its 1896 broken into two (or more as people are suggesting there are three downloads) chunks then maybe it's the the OTA version of 1896 and is renamed to A for Air, A896?
Yeah I thought that.
I was always under the impression the ACC issues were resolved by 1896... however A896 doesn't appear to resolve them.
Module update no doubt also needed. Disappointing as I still need to find a dealer near me that will do the update.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Yeah I thought that.
I was always under the impression the ACC issues were resolved by 1896... however A896 doesn't appear to resolve them.
Module update no doubt also needed. Disappointing as I still need to find a dealer near me that will do the update.
I'm not convinced the (under / overtaking) ACC issue is that, if it is - it doesn't do it very often for me, so if it is thinking it's undertaking it's not very reliable! I just think it's confused by the object you're overtaking and is thinking it's in front, not alongside.

Can't speak for the speed limit signpost issues as I have never had it turned on.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
I'm not convinced the (under / overtaking) ACC issue is that, if it is - it doesn't do it very often for me, so if it is thinking it's undertaking it's not very reliable! I just think it's confused by the object you're overtaking and is thinking it's in front, not alongside.

Can't speak for the speed limit signpost issues as I have never had it turned on.
You can see which car is stopping you over/undertaking in the cockpit travel assist screen. It's the car that's highlighted brighter than the others. In my case, that car is sometimes on the left of me (not in front) in a legitimate (RHD) overtake position, which given the car is highlighting as an undertake-do-not-pass, suggests it is indeed a programming issue not a sensor inadequacy. Have a video of it somewhere I showed to a technician after they denied the problem existed.

Reactions: scottydog76

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
You can see which car is stopping you over/undertaking in the cockpit travel assist screen. It's the car that's highlighted brighter than the others. In my case, that car is sometimes on the left of me (not in front) in a legitimate (RHD) overtake position, which given the car is highlighting as an undertake-do-not-pass, suggests it is indeed a programming issue not a sensor inadequacy. Have a video of it somewhere I showed to a technician after they denied the problem existed.
That's bizarre - how reliably does it do it then when overtaking? I've definitely noticed it more on slight right hand bends when the vehicle I'm overtaking is effectively in front of me. I'll give the cockpit travel assist screen a go next time I'm on the motorway - it's the one selected by the View button I assume.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
That's bizarre - how reliably does it do it then when overtaking? I've definitely noticed it more on slight right hand bends when the vehicle I'm overtaking is effectively in front of me. I'll give the cockpit travel assist screen a go next time I'm on the motorway - it's the one selected by the View button I assume.
Yeah. this is definitely a programming thing. Usually when overtaking a lorry doing 65mph, nothing in front, car slows to 65 in middle lane highlighting lorry on the left of me. Previous car (tarraco with ACC) never ever had that issue and I use ACC a lot

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
Oh really!! I thought it was included in the first year thing!!??

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
The first year is free for the online services such as map updates and functions related to the seat / cupra connect app. Any data needed for using the internet radio or using the car as a wifi hotspot has to be paid for from day 1 by signing up to one of the various Cubic Telecom data packages.
On a different note, I can confirm that in my case, the ACC issues have been fixed after the 1896 update but I am still plagued with SOS errors and frequent pops through the speakers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonfr140

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
The first year is free for the online services such as map updates and functions related to the seat / cupra connect app. Any data needed for using the internet radio or using the car as a wifi hotspot has to be paid for from day 1 by signing up to one of the various Cubic Telecom data packages.
On a different note, I can confirm that in my case, the ACC issues have been fixed after the 1896 update but I am still plagued with SOS errors and frequent pops through the speakers.
Cheers for confirming!!

Glad some of yours issues are solved!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: DandyAndy

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Does a slight tap of the accelerator then resume the overtake? This works for me in both overtaking and undertaking situations and I'm getting better at noticing it earlier so it rarely now slows me down (well too much anyway).

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
4 days gone since I received Part 1 of the A896 update, but still no Part 2 or 3 been pushed. Still do not have the voice control working (as apparently that is part 2) .... anybody know how to get part 2 downloading and installing. Nothing appears in software update, and no notifications received for part 2

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
4 days gone since I received Part 1 of the A896 update, but still no Part 2 or 3 been pushed. Still do not have the voice control working (as apparently that is part 2) .... anybody know how to get part 2 downloading and installing. Nothing appears in software update, and no notifications received for part 2
Try pulling fuse 19. it resets the head unit

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Is Fuse 19, classed as the "Instrumental Panel" in the handbook. Presume that is the fuse in the interior of the car

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Is Fuse 19, classed as the "Instrumental Panel" in the handbook. Presume that is the fuse in the interior of the car
Yes, behind the glovebox, 7.5 amp fuse.

When removing glovebox don't forget to unclip the soft-open arm on the right hand side near the hinge else you'll snap it!

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
A couple of people have posted in other threads about bricked head units after the update. I wonder if they’ve paused pushing it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.