Software update A896

I tried using the Cockpit Travel Assist on the motorway last night, for about an hour all in, and the car had no occurrence of the undertaking issue. In fact no vehicle appeared on the screen either side of the 'lane' I was travelling in. This is using A896, so I'm not sure if vehicles would have appeared either side of my lane previously as I've not used that screen / view before.
I've noticed mine stopped doing this since updating however this is because my navigation is currently disabled to due a missing feature enablement code. My traffic sign recognition is also restricted as this uses partial nav data

Does your navigation work ok? If not, probably why it's not showing the cars either side

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've noticed mine stopped doing this since updating however this is because my navigation is currently disabled to due a missing feature enablement code. My traffic sign recognition is also restricted as this uses partial nav data

Does your navigation work ok? If not, probably why it's not showing the cars either side
Yep, Nav and Sign recognition is working OK.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Do you need to have the ignition on for the updates to download and install. Or can you initiate the process then turn off ignition, leave the car and lock it?

Oct 8, 2021
Tried ACC for the first time (2hr journey) since the update and turning it off.

Seemed stable, no random increase or decrease in speed with no vehicles appearing in the cockpit view (previously they did). Still had road sign recognition turned off though.

If only other drivers wouldn’t take up the space in front of tailgate you behind - but there isn’t a software update for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Do you have to do anything to get the OTA update? I’m still running software version 1790 and get SOS errors every time I drive the car so hoping the new software helps.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Mine updated yesterday, so far so good, but not done a long trip yet, so will need to see if ACC has been fixed. One thing that does annoy, is that the new CLIMA description, previously you could see from the screen if your AC was switched on to blow cold air (as it would show a fan symbol and A/C underneath, or just a fan symbol is AC not on), however, now just shows CLIMA, so have to go into the settings to check if the A/C is on
Agreed - shame the clowns can't fix what needs to be fixed and just leave the rest alone.
I notice now that you can't assign lane assist or stop start to one of the tiles on the screen.
Now you have to fekk around in different screens to switch s/s off

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
So just wanted to give an update on my A896 update. Had the 2nd part (no other parts delivered yet), about a week ago now, and have to say everything seems to be working perfect. To be fair, did not have many problems like others, mine just consisted of speed signs showing in KPH and the ACC problem

Since the update, the infotainment seems to be quicker, no misread of signs, and so far in the last week, and a fair bit of driving (along motorways where the ACC would have problems), it has not picked up a car on the inside and slowed down (the fault), however, as designed, it has been picking up on the outside, and preventing me to undertake (unless I press the accelerator)

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
I've done two videos on the a896 update on my formentor youtube channel and the changes and improvements it has brought.....one aspect I didn't mention was the improvement in the land assist system which is now much better,less sensitive and intrusive than it was before.
Plus acc is working as it should now too....

Eryas

Feb 21, 2022
Belgium
.....one aspect I didn't mention was the improvement in the land assist system which is now much better,less sensitive and intrusive than it was before.
That's a great news. That lane assist is the only thing I hate in this care, it's even sometimes dangerous. Can't wait.. but no sign of A896 update for the moment :( I've just had 2 / 3 minors OTA updates

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
That's a great news. That lane assist is the only thing I hate in this care, it's even sometimes dangerous. Can't wait.. but no sign of A896 update for the moment :( I've just had 2 / 3 minors OTA updates
I had minor updates come through the week before a896

Reactions: Eryas
May 25, 2022
Has anyone had problems with their voice control since the update? Everytime I talk it assumes I want to use it which didn't happen before the update. I've had to turn off voice command😆

Reactions: Hizzards

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Yep, me too. It's far too sensitive now so I switched it off. No big deal, I just use the button on the steering wheel when I want to use it. Much better that way imo.

Reactions: dashnine
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise