SOS Error

Tell

Staff member
If you clear them... I suppose you would have to check daily to see whether any errors trigger the SOS. The databus error is an old faithfull of previous Seats and that one is old in any case. The secure on-board communication key not being available looks interesting.

Tell

Staff member
😉

Well if Seat ignore the error messages in diagnostics clearing them down and starting off again isn't going to cause them grief. 🤣

You would think you could identify what is triggering it off... they probably have, may be the microcode in a chip that they cant reprogram.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
My suspicion is with Cubic Telecom. I would doubt the 5G signal is the issue, don't think GSM chip inside is 5g ready but to be sure I would have to see one of this unit taken apart :D

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
The "no fault codes" being found by the dealer seems to be a repeating issue. We've had airbag warnings and front assist warnings with nothing on the log (fortunately, I took a photo of the front assist error message on the central screen). I'm beginning to wonder whether there's a disconnect between what we see on the screen and what goes onto the log.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Is the log you are talking about on the screen like the old Mib2 car log of issues or VCDS recorded errors ?. Suspect it's the former. The latter are more likely to be the ones it's monitoring or if not just a random error generator within the system. eg. just digital nonsense.

It would be good to know obviously what's causing the issue.... suspect it's reading the VCDS errors and with specific ones blows the trumpet. Just a question of finding what they are unless it's a self contained problem within the unit. Duff chip... why I mused over whether it can be programmed out.

Sep 26, 2021
Hi new to the forum. Received my Leon Hybrid on Friday morning. I kept hearing this double pop/clicking sound then with less than 30miles on the clock I get the SOS failure message come up. I have set the privacy setting to its highest and turned off Bluetooth and as such not had the issue since. I’ve also read double pressing the SOS button clears the error. I really like Apple car play so ideally want to have this back on. It’s a lease vehicle so I will raise the fault. I just don’t want multiple guarage trips and be without the car for the issue not to be resolved. It makes you wonder how these cars pass quality control?

Tell

Staff member
Hi new to the forum. Received my Leon Hybrid on Friday morning. I kept hearing this double pop/clicking sound then with less than 30miles on the clock I get the SOS failure message come up. I have set the privacy setting to its highest and turned off Bluetooth and as such not had the issue since. I’ve also read double pressing the SOS button clears the error. I really like Apple car play so ideally want to have this back on. It’s a lease vehicle so I will raise the fault. I just don’t want multiple guarage trips and be without the car for the issue not to be resolved. It makes you wonder how these cars pass quality control?
I think you will find the privacy setting a flat earth solution unless that is the stop "sharing" one... All of the MQB Evo platform cars have the same issues across brands. Try it for weeks and see whether it comes back.

Formentor thread similar with this post offering a fix

You keep pressing SOS when it happens and the call centre clears the problem.... above that is the one to stop sharing that might be different from privacy or the same. Pass... blessed by not having the system. Second solution is to instigate the call The SOS issue is reported across Vag brands on the MQB Evo platform. Fun.

Reactions: Edwards

Tell

Staff member
The other post says you get to speak to a nice person that sorts it... is that not correct ?. Or twice reboots it.... feels like an error in itself or cancel the SOS like setting off a disabled toilet alarm ;) . Feels like it needs the green cord dangling to reset the alarm :love:. VAG had not thought of that...

It does feel like the infotainment firmware is crashing from reading the other thread which then ends in a chain of events....

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I checked my error and looks to me Infotainment, Dashboard, SOS and CAN gateway needs to be looked up as there is most of the issues related to several units linked together with communication

From CAN gateway
Trouble codes:
U123100 - Ethernet databus branch 6 No communication
Intermittent
Date: 2021-08-03 19:26:11
Mileage: 10121 km
Priority: 4
Malfunction frequency counter: 3
Unlearning counter: 40
U111300 - Function limitation due to received malfunction value
Intermittent
Date: 2021-08-01 07:25:42
Mileage: 9968 km
Priority: 6
Malfunction frequency counter: 32

From Dashboard
Trouble codes:
U105400 - Information electronics control module 1 No Communication
Intermittent
Date: 2021-08-02 16:07:10
Mileage: 10105 km
Malfunction frequency counter: 2
Unlearning counter: 139

Tell

Staff member
I checked my error and looks to me Infotainment, Dashboard, SOS and CAN gateway needs to be looked up as there is most of the issues related to several units linked together with communication

From CAN gateway
Trouble codes:
Intermittent
Malfunction frequency counter: 3
Intermittent
Malfunction frequency counter: 32

From Dashboard
Trouble codes:
U105400 - Information electronics control module 1 No Communication
Intermittent
Date: 2021-08-02 16:07:10
Mileage: 10105 km
Malfunction frequency counter: 2
Unlearning counter: 139
Interesting. Comms... the car doesnt seem to be talking to itself.

This makes an interesting read. Probably some nuggets in their ;).

Sep 26, 2021
Spoke to my local garage today, straight away they were aware of the issue and just said they are awaiting a software fix.
They have no eta and said I should just call once a month. Not really ideal but I guess I don't really have much choice

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
In my opinion, there should be a huge recall for every single car with reprogramming ACC,CAN Gateway, Multimedia unit and SOS. I don't think SEAT would take this route as the service are a franchise in the UK. I have been also told off by Caffyns service not to bother them with my issue and wait for a fix!

Tell

Staff member
Yep the dealers will want to be paid for their work. Why you see problems monitored and that's not much good if you have a warranty. Had an interesting conversation with my dealer about the neighbours car... not an MQB Evo. The neighbour had asked for ideas. Seat are "monitoring it" whilst the dealer told me the part should be stripped out and replaced. Obviously it costs Seat UK to do that if it's under warranty. There is a message somewhere in there 😉.

Sep 26, 2021
I can confirm amending privacy settings and turning off Bluetooth doesn't do anything to reduce this fault
I had everything off and still got the issue this morning on the way to work
I didn't however see an SOS failure warning just the double pop and the globe icon disappears.
I wonder if the connection needs to be lost for a sustained amount of time before the SOS failure appears?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Before I deleted all the errors today. I looked around a bit. I couldn't see any errors in Telematics unit itself. I assumed that problem is in Gateway unit as this is registering all this BANG SOS error crap :D
19 Gateway
Trouble codes:
Intermittent
Malfunction frequency counter: 109
Intermittent
Malfunction frequency counter: 255

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
An update on this situation. My car went for some remedy work to Seat Garage and i also pointed out again the 🆘issue.

Information from garage below:
We are still having issues with the sos system and the infortainment screen issue.

These faults at present are not fixable at present as per bulletin from Seat UK.

Please can I confirm that this issue is not an action by Caffyns Tunbridge Wells as its SEAT uk that cannot supply us with a fix.

I'm using their courtesy car seat leon 21 plate and don't have any issues with 🆘 the multimedia unit fitted in this car is 5FA035862D firmware 1803

I'm honestly considering take this issue to motor ombudsman as this system isn't fit for purpose and just bugging me all that time while driving. Obviously after error I'm loosing my Internet service and traffic updates doesn't work as it relays on connection to Internet.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
Hopefully KoNG no other owners/users of 21 plate Leon's with "multimedia unit fitted in this car is 5FA035862D firmware 1803" have issues..

Hoping when I eventually get my car that this has all been put to bed..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members