Specified boost?

T21CDJ

Nov 13, 2016
About 1.1bar I believe, they run low boost. I suppose that's why the gains from a map are so good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
My former Golf 7 R 300 hp (not tuned) had 2,2 bar as most including atmospheric pressure, means 1,2 bar boost. Measured with VCDS. I haven’t checked my Cupra yet. As T21CDJ writes 1,1 for a 280 hp sounds reasonable.

Engine codes:
Leon Cupra 280 - CJXB
My Golf R 300 - CJXC

/Peter

Reactions: cwlangford

Crille88

Sep 24, 2018
Sweden, Växjö
My former Golf 7 R 300 hp (not tuned) had 2,2 bar as most including atmospheric pressure, means 1,2 bar boost. Measured with VCDS. I haven’t checked my Cupra yet. As T21CDJ writes 1,1 for a 280 hp sounds reasonable.

Engine codes:
Leon Cupra 280 - CJXB
My Golf R 300 - CJXC

/Peter
You have boostgauge in the car so not hard to check, i think stock was 1.16

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Here's a Jb4 log from my Cupra 300, you will find during the winter the ECU will reduce its requested boost!

The numbers your looking at are the "ECU psi", that's what the car would of been running stock! Pull was done in 4th!

Attachments

• 2018-12-11 13_10_47_Map-6.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 365
Reactions: JONNYVT

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Interesting. Since the options not in for models. Can anyone tell me what the boost is on a stock 140hp 1.4?
Had high performance remap on it and it felt a lot like the boost 308 gti I test drove. That is apparently 2.5 bar.
Now you might think I’m dreaming. But the torque figures after a remap is 326NM vs 330NM on the gti. And felt like there was two extra gears (so stock 3rd felt like remapped 5th gear)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
Here's a Jb4 log from my Cupra 300, you will find during the winter the ECU will reduce its requested boost!

The numbers your looking at are the "ECU psi", that's what the car would of been running stock! Pull was done in 4th!

thats great - i had a jb1 fitted with a GFB diverter - took it off when i felt there my be an issue with boost. i have been hoping to upgrade to jb4 - in map 6 do u just add in the psi over standard as per the jb1? can u just download this pdf from the jb4 software?

lastly, do u have boost limited in early gears?

thanks again, jp

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
thats great - i had a jb1 fitted with a GFB diverter - took it off when i felt there my be an issue with boost. i have been hoping to upgrade to jb4 - in map 6 do u just add in the psi over standard as per the jb1? can u just download this pdf from the jb4 software?

lastly, do u have boost limited in early gears?

thanks again, jp
There's 2 methods with map6, additive and absolute! Additive you add on extra boost over stock, absolute your telling it how much actual boost you want regardless of what the ECU woulf want!

I run absolute settings, beneficial this time of the year as I can take full advantage of the colder denser air, as I mentioned earlier, the ECU will request less boost during the winter, so using the additive method will also mean less!

I run stock boost in 1st, then 23psi peak from 2nd onwards! Just haven't had the time to play around with lower boost in 2nd!

The jb4 software will output an excel file as either a spreadsheet of a graph, I converted it to a pdf just for the forum to recognise the file for upload!

I used to run a jb1, had great results from it, the jb4 is much better though, waaaay smoother and makes more power, plus you have full logging capabilities with it!

Heres that spreadsheet in the graph format from the mobile app, for in-depth viewing of the graph, the pc software is better!

Screenshot_20181217-203339.jpg

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
There's 2 methods with map6, additive and absolute! Additive you add on extra boost over stock, absolute your telling it how much actual boost you want regardless of what the ECU woulf want!

I run absolute settings, beneficial this time of the year as I can take full advantage of the colder denser air, as I mentioned earlier, the ECU will request less boost during the winter, so using the additive method will also mean less!

I run stock boost in 1st, then 23psi peak from 2nd onwards! Just haven't had the time to play around with lower boost in 2nd!

The jb4 software will output an excel file as either a spreadsheet of a graph, I converted it to a pdf just for the forum to recognise the file for upload!

I used to run a jb1, had great results from it, the jb4 is much better though, waaaay smoother and makes more power, plus you have full logging capabilities with it!

Heres that spreadsheet in the graph format from the mobile app, for in-depth viewing of the graph, the pc software is better!

View attachment 3356
Cool, did u add the new board to your jb1 box? Is yours a manual or dsg? How did u root the obd cable?

I will wait till I have sorted my boost pressure issues then hope to move up to jb4. Mine just seems flat at 3k then builds ok to redline. At least I have the later turbo and no wastegate play, phew!

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Cool, did u add the new board to your jb1 box? Is yours a manual or dsg? How did u root the obd cable?

I will wait till I have sorted my boost pressure issues then hope to move up to jb4. Mine just seems flat at 3k then builds ok to redline. At least I have the later turbo and no wastegate play, phew!
Yep, just threw in the jb4 board, ran the cable over to the pass side and poked it through a grommet with the main harness! Bit of a pain, but not bad, took me 15 mins or so! Oh and dsg here!

Why don't you throw in the jb1 again and go log it? Set it to map 4 so its passthrough but still logging, this will give you your actual and requested boost!

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
Yep, just threw in the jb4 board, ran the cable over to the pass side and poked it through a grommet with the main harness! Bit of a pain, but not bad, took me 15 mins or so! Oh and dsg here!

Why don't you throw in the jb1 again and go log it? Set it to map 4 so its passthrough but still logging, this will give you your actual and requested boost!
I no longer have access to VCDS I'm affraid so can't use that to log specified v actual. Shame the jb1 can't do the same tricks as jb4!

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
I no longer have access to VCDS I'm affraid so can't use that to log specified v actual. Shame the jb1 can't do the same tricks as jb4!
Yeah, use the jb1 to log, you will still get rpm, actual and requested boost! No need for vcds!

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Wow, how do I do the logging? Is there a guide, I took the jb1 and gfb off to eliminate them from a possible problem, oh no it's off with undertray again!
Do you have the usb data cable? I use the jb4 mobile app, it's not free though, but once connected, it will start logging once you hit 70% throttle!

The pc software is free but requires you to manually start and finish the log, a second person is useful here!

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
Do you have the usb data cable? I use the jb4 mobile app, it's not free though, but once connected, it will start logging once you hit 70% throttle!

The pc software is free but requires you to manually start and finish the log, a second person is useful here!
Ah, I get it now. Yes I do have the cable but I leave it in the engine bay. So I will need to root it to the cabin. Where have u got the jb4? Behind the air filter or attached to the ac pipe? When u had the jb1 how did u route through the USB?

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Ah, I get it now. Yes I do have the cable but I leave it in the engine bay. So I will need to root it to the cabin. Where have u got the jb4? Behind the air filter or attached to the ac pipe? When u had the jb1 how did u route through the USB?
I have mine mounted between the battery and airbox on a bracket I knocked up! I've routed the usb cable the same way as the obd cable, however I had to cut off the usb plug to get it through the rubber grommet then reconnect once back through! However for your purpose of grabbing a few logs, I used to just run it out the top of the bonnet, over the mirror and into the passenger window, looks odd but works spot on!

If your wanting to use the mobile app I think I've got the APK if your using an android device, saves paying the £20 for it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.