Split-R Valve

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
it fits the opposite way to the bosch and forge valves doesnt it?

does the vac hose that goes in the top stretch ok to the new fitment orientation of the splitter valve?

cheers

The small vac hose goes in the right hand side, i don't know if the standard hose would have fitted but i changed mine to blue silicone hoses a while ago and didn't have enough slack on the hose, so £5 later at motorwold i had enough hose. I'll get a pic in a minute to show how it fits.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
yeah mate that would be great
there is no direct bespoke silicon/samco/forge replacement for the vac hose that i know of. unless we have wired crossed, i mean the 3-4mm diameter hose that plugs in top of bosch/007p which is moved to the side on the splitter

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
cheers rich, i see what you've done, you've replaced the original vac line from the d/v
have to cross this bridge when i get to it if the original line is stretched to fit the splitter

can you pm me a pic of your entire engine mate without the cover on, no rush, maybe when you've cleaned it
cheers

Cupra Chris

Oct 17, 2006
Camberley
RikH - I've fitted mine with the standard vac hose and it is a bit of a stretch but does go on. If you do fit it to the standard hose make sure you do the top adjustment first because when adjusted once fitted it twists the hose too. Then it does become a stretch!

richybigman - How much adjustment did you need?

Chris
________
Bmw R 51/3

Last edited:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
RikH - I've fitted mine with the standard vac hose and it is a bit of a stretch but does go on. If you do fit it to the standard hose make sure you do the top adjustment first because when adjusted once fitted it twists the hose too. Then it does become a stretch!

richybigman - How much adjustment did you need?

Chris

they say two full turns at idle until the rattle disappears, so did you do the turns before you fitted it to the car then fitted it on
or ran it at idle with the vac line off but the valve fitted

Cupra Chris

Oct 17, 2006
Camberley
they say two full turns at idle until the rattle disappears, so did you do the turns before you fitted it to the car then fitted it on
or ran it at idle with the vac line off but the valve fitted

I set it at 3 turns to start with, test drive found i was loosing boost, vac hose off another 1/2 turn then it was fine.
________
Bmw motorsport

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.