Split-R Valve

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Don't know for definate yet but i'm pretty sure it's just an echo from the BMC

I think it is the BMC as well mate, unless the valve if faulty some how:confused:

I don't have a BMC any more so I can not check for you mate, but I get a really nice whooosh :clap: noise from mine very happy.

I went for a long drive last night to brake the valve in abit and it seems to be louder today when I went out again which is cool.

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
but I get a really nice whooosh :clap: noise from mine very happy.

I went for a long drive last night to brake the valve in abit and it seems to be louder today when I went out again which is cool.

iv got a bmc on with the split r. i dont think its that loud cant really hear it in 1st or 6th, the other gears i can jsut about hear it. think i need to find some1 with the slpiter r on and see what theres sound like.

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
iv got a bmc on with the split r. i dont think its that loud cant really hear it in 1st or 6th, the other gears i can jsut about hear it. think i need to find some1 with the slpiter r on and see what theres sound like.

Don't know mate :shrug:

Even with a standard LCR you should get some thing like with the 007P.

I get a very nice whoosh all through my gears, like with my old 007P has got abit louder as the valve is started to settle in abit.

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
Don't know mate :shrug:

Even with a standard LCR you should get some thing like with the 007P.

I get a very nice whoosh all through my gears, like with my old 007P has got abit louder as the valve is started to settle in abit.

think its got abit louder to day, i'll just have to see in a few weeks time. can hear it in the car with no music on but just dont know what it sounds like out side of the car.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Richy, I had bad experiences with relocating the valve to the front, but you might have better experiences. I got 100% MORE flutter.... :(

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
The closer to the turbo the dv is, the hotter the air is, and the hotter the valve gets.
Using cooler air is supposed to give a better response, but it didn't for me.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
going to have to change mine soon
since having the TIP fitted the 007p rattles off my strut brace
wedged some silicon hosing in there and zip tied it round brace so it doesnt do it

but split-r on its side will solve the problem

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I've had a listen to the sound clip and that is definitely wategate chatter. I had it a couple of months back when my baileys valve started to fail.

Run it like this at your own risk, but i would suggest fine tuning it better to stop you from getting this noise.

I think the noise is better with just a forge 007 and BMC

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
With a Forge 007P and BMC mine was very quiet. With a Bailey DV30 and open cone filter it was significantly louder.

Out of interest, yesterday I removed the SPLIT-R and put my DV30 back in. Zero chatter with the DV30 (I get a very small chatter on half boost gear changes with the SP-R, none at low boost and none at full boost), car felt the same to drive, valve response felt similar, the SPLIT-R is definately a bit louder but not by a huge amount.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.