Spotify / CUPRA Connect

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I have tried searching but cant find a specific answer.

I have a 11/20 Formentor VZ2 310, i have the car connected to a portable Wifi dongle, which connects to the Vodafone network fine. I have just renewed the 1yr Cupra Connect, just to test it for the 1st year.

Now, i know i can connect my phone to get Spotify, but i was under the impression that the vehicle/cupra connect could provide Spotify independently.....but i cant appear to find it, am i wrong in my assumption?

Lastly, when i connected my phone Note 20 Ultra (which has intergrated AA) it did not ask to connect wirelessly, is this a vehicle software limitation given its build date and that wireless AA isnt available for my vehicle?

Many thanks

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Do you have Android auto setup on your phone? That is the only way to control Spotify, and that uses WiFi. U can use Bluetooth just for Spotify, but that's technically illegal unless you do not touch your phone.

I use android auto, and when it hits a song that is not downloaded, it downloads from my phone to my phone. Android auto is not great though. I find it a bit sluggish and I get frequent disconnects recently too.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Yes. I have AA embedded as standard in my note 20 ultra.

TBH the thing that's really bugging me is that I thought cupra connect had Spotify embedded within it!

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Thanks for confirming my fears. Oh well, 12 months to test the other features.

I guess then as my registration date was 11/20 explained why I don't have wireless AA?

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
You can use Amazon Prime music through the Alexa app which is fully integrated.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
An update just came for the oldest production cars that among other things will get you wireless AA.

Talk to your dealer, but it helps to read the TPI shared in a different thread and complain about specific faults that TPI resolves to get them to apply the update.

It is worth getting it because the UI is better and much more responsive after the update.

As you found out, yes, you do depend on the phone to have Spotify on the car... But TBH, also using a 3rd party navigation is a better option.

I haven't used the car navigation a single time and this is true for my previous car also.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
An update just came for the oldest production cars that among other things will get you wireless AA.

Talk to your dealer, but it helps to read the TPI shared in a different thread and complain about specific faults that TPI resolves to get them to apply the update.

It is worth getting it because the UI is better and much more responsive after the update.

As you found out, yes, you do depend on the phone to have Spotify on the car... But TBH, also using a 3rd party navigation is a better option.

I haven't used the car navigation a single time and this is true for my previous car also.
Is this update only available when activated by a dealership? Can I initiate it in anyway myself? Thanks

John Wick

May 12, 2022
In your case, you absolutely need a dealer visit to get this done - it is about 4h (at least)
Thanks for your advice again, i referred to the latest TPI (think it was the latest), I am currently on H56 / 1672, it shows if i read correctly the update for 1896 available giving wireless AA.

I have called my dealership and its booked in for next Tuesday

Appreciate your time

Reactions: Jaco2k
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.