standard cupra exhaust

nossi_20v

Mar 8, 2009
Teesside
hi all, just a quick question really! Ive got a petrol mk4 cupra, was just wondering what the standard exhaust pipe diamater is, is it just a 2inch all the way through? Thanks for any advice :)

nossi_20v

Mar 8, 2009
Teesside
ah right thanks for the reply mate only reason i asked was because i fancied taking the centre silencer out to see how it sounds with a straight through but with standard backbox :) basically just trying to keep myself entertained whilst saving up for my blueflame turbo back haha

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I have a non res milltek on my car and it sounds lovely, quiet when crusing, loud when booting it :D
I'd imagine a standard exhaust with no centre silencer will sound quite fruity too

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Middle section takes out the higher frequency sounds (turbo whistle etc.) so might sound good. Can only help I reckon as the OEM set-up is too quiet! I was thinking of doing this before I picked up my cheapo PowerFlow exhaust off ebay!

nossi_20v

Mar 8, 2009
Teesside
I have a non res milltek on my car and it sounds lovely, quiet when crusing, loud when booting it :D
I'd imagine a standard exhaust with no centre silencer will sound quite fruity too

Yeah thats what i want something thats not ridiculously loud when cruising but has a nice tone to it when you put you foot down, a mate of mine had the blueflame on his K1 and i thought it sounded awesome so ive been saving since but im crap at saving haha so hopefully the silencer out will make a bit of a difference and keep me happy for now, ill post a soundclip up when its done for anyone else whos ever thought about doing it :)

nossi_20v

Mar 8, 2009
Teesside
Middle section takes out the higher frequency sounds (turbo whistle etc.) so might sound good. Can only help I reckon as the OEM set-up is too quiet! I was thinking of doing this before I picked up my cheapo PowerFlow exhaust off ebay!

Yeah my mates just got some offcuts of stainless pipe in the right size so it won't cost anything so thought its worth a go until i have enough pennies for my full exhaust :) I know you were well lucky with your exhaust ive searched a few times trying to find similar bargains but no such joy:(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.