Standard LCR boost

brad1

Hi all
I couldn't find an exact answer, but what's the standard boost in psi on a lcr??
Cheers :)

brad1

Does 13psi sound normal for a standard lcr, only mods I have are a custom back box and forge 007p

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
About right. After I posted I thought it might be 0.88bar not 0.8

0.88 bar would be 12.76 PSI according to google

(seriously, just type "0.88 bar in PSI" into google)

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Which LCR do you have?? the 210 or 225? the 225 is 14 psi standard boost peak. the 210 i would say as previous 11 psi

Do you have a boost gauge?? you can check if you have a leak because the vac on idle will be 20 inhg

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Which LCR do you have?? the 210 or 225? the 225 is 14 psi standard boost peak. the 210 i would say as previous 11 psi

Do you have a boost gauge?? you can check if you have a leak because the vac on idle will be 20 inhg

No. 210 and 225 run the same boost, I beleive.

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire

What do you mean by 20inhg? Negative 20?

Only asking as i'm not sure if i've got a leak, i've got a boost gauge aswell. I get around 15/16psi on mine does that sound right for standard?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Boost is PSI which is pounds per square inch - posotive pressure
Vacuum is InHg which is inches of mercury - negative pressure
LCR is 12 to 14 psi

Paul D

Essentially at low rpm, when you open the throttle a negative pressure is produced as the engine sucks air in. As this air exits the engine it turns the turbo, which speeds up until the negative pressure becomes positive. This should then increase in pressure to full boost, and if all is well stay at this level until you release the throttle.

If their is a boost leak, then this process will still occur, but some of the boost pressure will be forced out through the leak, so the pressure will not build as fast or as high as normal, hence the loss of response/power.

Hope this helps!

S3 Nattie

Sep 10, 2009
My 210 gauge show 20 inhg on idle but sometimes its a little higher 23 inhg. Is his right or do I have a vac leak.

greck999

SLOW work in progress....
Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Mine seems to read less since i fitted the 'no buzz' t-piece from Newsouth. It now reads about 15 on idle and boosts at about 11psi holding at about 10psi. It read a bit more either end before i fitted resricted t-piece. Has anyone else had a similar problem ?:confused:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland

Dammit, i knew i shouldn't have read this thread lastnight, car was fine yesterday, then tonight i noticed i was only only boosting to .5bar and when idle it sits at -8 on the guage, see below pic. the guage also seem erractic, so i thought it could be guage playing up.

would these be the symptoms of a boost leak

IMG00031-20100123-1757.jpg

Paul D

The only symptom of a boost leak is slower pickup and lower max boost with loss of power. If it's not reaching max boost then it's probably a leak. If the gauge bounces around alot then it's probably the gauge or installation - some makes are well known for this and for inaccurate gauge readings.

As to sitting at idle, if the vacuum figure is lower than normal (ie closer to 0), as a result of a fitting, I'd guess it shows the new part is less restrictive. Personally I wouldn't read too much into gauges not Reading spot on where they should be as they aren't all that accurate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.