Standard LCR boost

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
The only symptom of a boost leak is slower pickup and lower max boost with loss of power. If it's not reaching max boost then it's probably a leak. If the gauge bounces around alot then it's probably the gauge or installation - some makes are well known for this and for inaccurate gauge readings.

As to sitting at idle, if the vacuum figure is lower than normal (ie closer to 0), as a result of a fitting, I'd guess it shows the new part is less restrictive. Personally I wouldn't read too much into gauges not Reading spot on where they should be as they aren't all that accurate.

Thanks, but tbo its a nomad guage and has always read spot on as i do a lot of loggin on my, it seems it has only started acting up since we had the recent code snap, it got warmer again and guage when back to normal, not its cold again and hey presto, its acting up, so i am just gonna keep and eye on it, literally.

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Whats is the boost increased too on a stage 1 remap? should think company's vary but as rule of thumb? :blink:

on revo stage1 my car spikes to 1.5bar, about 23psi, then drops back to 1bar, just under 15psi, then as you get closer 2 the red line it drops back to just over 0.8bar, about 12psi

all this is according to my boost gauge i have fitted

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Dammit, i knew i shouldn't have read this thread lastnight, car was fine yesterday, then tonight i noticed i was only only boosting to .5bar and when idle it sits at -8 on the guage, see below pic. the guage also seem erractic, so i thought it could be guage playing up.

would these be the symptoms of a boost leak

IMG00031-20100123-1757.jpg

did you change the boost gauge hose. as i had the same gauge as you and the hose melted. just a thought

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.