Std Mk1 LCR required for EVO mag photo-shoot - Friday 29th Jan

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
Standard LCR

Mines totally standard except for 4 new tyres put on at 15K. Owned from brand new since Jan 06 and still in near showroom condition currently at 25K. Friday is a bit short notice due to work commitments. The car is standard, its just the driver is nt!

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
Mine is a Silver 2004/54 with the dark grey wheels. that is totally standard other than a Sony headunit replacing the rubbish Aura thingy...

Wants a wash and there's a few small patchy bits on the rims but other than that its a minter!

I'm in Leeds but I'd take the day off and drive down for this :D

J:)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If your interested send me your details in an email see the link in my signature. I'll forward them on, and if they are interested they will be in touch. if you have a couple of recent images that would help too.

robertj

weight is the enemy
It was mine they turned down! Like some of you have said, I thought they might overlook the Miltek, debadging and slightly lower stance but I guess if I was in their shoes I'd be the same. The whole point of the article is about the original car.

IMG01237.jpg

IMG01240.jpg

and they couldn't see this!
IMG01241.jpg

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I'd have put mine forward but no LEON badge on the rear and my callipers have a larger Brembo logo now and are a darker red that original. Otherwise, the only extras on the outside are some light scratches that don't show up in photos. It's a fair trek for me to go, but I often go to Hemel for work and it's no further, and the kudos of having my car in Evo would drive my mate nuts.

The offer is there anyway. You can see pics of mine in my readers-ride topic though you will need to click the links next to the Brembo Refurb item in the list to see what they look like now.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I would offer mine as its just come out of the bodyshop and has been mostly respayed but
I have 330mm 2 piece brakes (visible) and probably too far a trip especially for 9am

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
(2004, 225, silver) only have a CDA induction kit ! unfortunatly didn't see this 'till tonight and at such short notice can't get the time off work !

picture.php

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

I would have put mine forward, but I have the "wrong" bumpers :cartman:

Three Leons

May 18, 2007
Wakefield
Anyone we know going then?

That would be me (so technically I guess the correct answer to your question is 'no' :D)

Can't really believe I'm going - I only suggested my car as not many people replied to the thread. Didn't actually think they would pick it!

I do feel a bit guilty that my car is going to be in EVO magazine when I've done absolutely nothing to it and most people on here have put far more work into their motors but I guess that's the point - the car is completely standard:shrug:

It's a bit of a trek from Leeds but I can take the day off and if petrol and food is paid for it's a free day out:). Looking forward to it.

Only problem is I've got to hope the weather holds up for me to give it a good clean before I go otherwise it could be a very embarrassing shoot.

Oh, and I have to be back in Leeds for 6 or my other half will kill me - it's my engagement party that night...

Well done mate! As said if mine wasn't having the waterpump done I would've put it forward, would have made for a good road trip!

(Would've also made for a good Q&A for the buyers guide: "so how reliable are these cars".... "Er, well... fine apart from the cash I just spunked out on a stupidly designed plastic impeller.")

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
Hmm, they clearly didn't want a silver one then... shame!

Best of luck mate - I'm sure it will be a good day.

J:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.