Std Mk1 LCR required for EVO mag photo-shoot - Friday 29th Jan

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Nope this is not a wind-up. :)

Care of SEAT UK I have been contacted by Brett from EVO Magazine.

EVO need to urgently get their hands on a cosmetically 'un-modified' Mk1 Leon Cupra R (either 210 or 225) for a photo-shoot that is taking place this Friday (29th Jan). They are doing a used car feature on the LCR, and require an un-fettled car.

If you have such a car, and your within easy distance of Leighton Buzzard the location for the shoot. Then you might be just what EVO is looking for.

Your car would be needed from 9am - 1pm approx for the shoot, and EVO will cover traveling expenses and even feed you. ;)

I expect to get some further details by email later.

But as you can see time is very short, so if you think you can help EVO out let me know.

Contact me either by PM or Email with a description of your car and I can put you in touch with the relevant person to make arrangements.

ta :)

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A few extra details that Brett at EVO has sent me..

They are doing a buyers guide on the Mk1 Leon Cupra R, which must be cosmetically unmodified.

The car will need to be at the studio in Leighton Buzzard by 9.00am and the owner should be away again by about 1.00pm - Brett has been told that the photographer is Speedy Gonzalez when it comes to shooting stuff for the Buying Guides.

The mag will pay your fuel costs and supply a few drinks and munchies.

The owner also needs to have his or her photograph taken and have a quick chat to me about the pros and cons of ownership.

Brett says he won't pretend that standing around in a studio is the most enthralling few hours anyone can spend, but in this weather it sure beats being outside on location!

Also there on the day will be a Honda NSX, which adds a bit of extra interest; anyone who is interested in photography and studio lighting could well find it educational.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its a used car buyers guide, not a feature on modified cars.

Though I think you'll be surprised, not everyone on the forum goes nuts with the modifying spanners. There are many that actively avoid it.

I have asked for some clarification on the modified extent. If its a photo shoot then as long as its cosmetically unmolested, and still on stock suspension and with a stock tailpipe then I don't see any visual problems if the car is remapped or not.

At the end of the day, were just trying to help out a leading motoring rag. If we can great, if we can't well we tried. :)

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

if they do find one Z, do you have any dates on when the article might be printed, as I would definitely want to go and buy it for that month

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ok, had some clarity on what is acceptable. Cosmetically as long as its a Mk1 LCR as SEAT intended, then they will likely be interested in hearing from you.

So engine modifications etc, would not a problem for the photo-shoot and they have no need to drive your car just take some pics.

But cosmetic changes such as wheels, bodykits any exterior or interior changes from that of a stock LCR will not be suitable.

If your interested let me know ASAP.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
My dad put his SL55 AMG forward when they did a buying guide on that and went up to have the photoshoot. He had a good morning and the photographs were excellent. Can't remember if he got a free print or not...

Worth doing IMHO, but my car is by no means stock :(

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
My dad put his SL55 AMG forward when they did a buying guide on that and went up to have the photoshoot. He had a good morning and the photographs were excellent. Can't remember if he got a free print or not...

Worth doing IMHO, but my car is by no means stock :(
You could raise your suspension back to OEM ride height and your exhaust doesn't look too different to the OEM (to an untrained eye).

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
i have a black one? it got a milltek exhaust but that looks the same as standard, and a forge front mount but you can hardly see that.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Doubtful they will accept any car that has any visual modifications, even those you can hardly see having had a Forge FMIC on my R i know they are pretty easy to spot. :)

They have turned down one already and it was only slightly modified albeit lowered and de-badged.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
There must be an unmolested one somewhere.......

Be interested to read their thoughts on it as a second hand car. Based on how hard it is to find an unfettled one, I bet one of their comments will be 'hard to find one in original condition!'

They're a great car, and best on the Mk4 Golf platform, so I hope it gets a good, solid write up.

JamJay

California Bound
I would have seriously liked to have done this. Exterior wise, it's as OEM as it gets from the factory, looks brand new and no door dings (touch wood), I even like the size of the OEM tailpipe too much to change it. Personally I think it's forums like this that encourage the modding, I certainly knew nothing about remaps and the like before signing up but I do see a few 'normal' LCR's on the road still but they're family wagons more or less.

Three Leons

May 18, 2007
Wakefield
As suitable examples seem rare, thought I may as well offer mine up :)

Totally standard inside and out, except for some vinyl lettering on the rear doors (my website) which could be airbrushed out easily enough.

Also putting new R badges on this week and planning a clean and polish so she'd do us proud :D

Have a look at the pics and let me know

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.