Strut brace = cracked windscreen ? ? ? ? ?

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
Just gone out to wash the car ready for the annual xmas prezzie drop .
and have found a small crack at the bottom of the drivers side of the windscreen ?
there is NO damage or stone chip anywhere near
the only thing I can think of is it a stress crack from fitting the front strut brace ????????

has anyone known of this ? or could it just be a coincidence ?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Both of the Ibizas I've owned had strut braces installed and they were fine, so I reckon it's just you. If it was a common thing, then I suspect we would have heard from others by now.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i had my windscreen replaced 3 time by auto glass, 1st cos i broken it changin wiper blades (long story but never leave the arms up for a 2nd) the 2nd screen had to be fitted as they damaged the dash fitting the first so had to remove it to repair the dash, the 3rd screen had to be fitted cos the 2nd cracked all by itself (no impact damage)(crack started on the ns of the screen) and i have no strut brace on my 1.2! autoglass done them all under warrenty except the 1 i broke lol.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I had a new screen in mine, it had a crack that started all of it's own accord.
It started at the top and went to the recess where the rain sensor was fitted. Just appeared one day while the car was parked up. Eventually found two other people in Holland also with rain sensors and a crack in exactly the same place. Got them to send me photos, then I wrote to Seat with the evidence saying it must be a design flaw and they did it under warranty :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members