Techie is back Boca style

CraigI

How are the seats in the Bocanegra comfort/support wise???

I was going to choose the Cupra just so I could spec the leather seats as personally I think the seats in cloth form look a little Halfords seat cover like. (no offence intended).

These pics have made me want the Bocanegra more and a little good talk about the standard seats might just sell it to me....................

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
The seats are the same in the sport fr cupra and boca aren't they, just different trim styles?
The ones in my sport are brilliant, all my mates have commented how comfy they are and how nice it is to feel so snug in a seat and they hold you in place really well on the twisty b roads

the only thing i miss is adjustable lumbar support as i have an overly curvy spine so if im doing a long drive i need to stop to give my back a good crack every now and then

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
The seats are the same in the sport fr cupra and boca aren't they, just different trim styles?
The ones in my sport are brilliant, all my mates have commented how comfy they are and how nice it is to feel so snug in a seat and they hold you in place really well on the twisty b roads

the only thing i miss is adjustable lumbar support as i have an overly curvy spine so if im doing a long drive i need to stop to give my back a good crack every now and then

I think that what you get a super mini tho, you loose some of the stuff you get on the bigger car eg lumbar support on the seats

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi CraigI the seats in the boca as said are really superb very good support are height adjustable as for fabric or leather personally I would go for fabric as with leather you got the cold for winter hot for summer well if we ever have one, and for what it costs normaly the leather is only on seat and back faceings the rest is simulated ie plastic!! Then you have to be pretty carefull with it watch for zips, buckles etc, and leather should be treated every now and then with leather cream to stop it drying out keep it supple but ofcourse the choice is yours matey:D

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Driving to Wales tomorrow but regularly drive to MK to see my daughter, car is comfy and lovely to drive on a motorway journey.

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Drive to Wales was just fine, motorway there and back roads the way back, around 350 miles round trip in one day. Bad news is the stone that hit my screen has turned overnight from a little chip to a rather large and getting bigger crack, new screen required.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am loving your car mate!!!! Mine is on order and March still seems so far away :-(. I have been greedy and specced the hell out of her too with bi-xenons and brake upgrade which I think will look the gogs Bo*&%cks!! Also got the white one after seeing the red one when I test drove it. Was rather let down by the fact that the red overpowers the black front end a bit. I WISH IT WASH END MARCH AND I HAD MY BOCA!!!!! Are we all going to arrange a little meet next year perhaps????

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Techie,
Sorry to pester you, again.
As stated earlier, I'm new on this forum and i'm looking at a Fabia vRS or '05/06 tdi FR for the misses. Having read a few threads you seems to have had both cars before and seems to know everything there is to know both manufacturers? Would you recommend one over the other and if so which and why? Any advice would be welcome as I am having to step back into the modding world after years out; mini clubman, XR2, MK2 8v Golf GTi, E36 2.8is, VFR NC30 and a Super Blackbird.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I did get the screen sorted, ended up going to the body shop to be done in the end but worked out just fine. My daughter is impressed.....

240120101884.jpg

Bless her.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Our chap that does our on site chip repairs found something in his van that was pretty much spot on.

handyandy

HandyAndy
Oct 14, 2009
Crewe
Hi,
I am trading my Fabia VRS in against a Bocanegra on March 1st. Mixed emotions the Fab has been FAB! plenty quick enough, comfortable and regularly returning 65-70mpg (Summer).
Still time will tell.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You will feel the MPG drop and short range thats for sure having come the same way. But it is so worth it, great fun to drive and awesome looks imho.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Pulled a bird thanks to the car today, we're going out for 'drinks' on Sat nite. God this Boc was a great purchase.

Hehe. ED

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise