Throttle Body cleaning

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
Has anyone cleaned their Arosa's throttle body?

I noticed that mine looked grubby when I was replacing the air filter element and have read some stuff on cleaning them. I understand that if I remove it to clean it, I will have to get it re-aligned using vagcom, which would mean hunting down a local member with vagcom and bribing them with some beer money :cheers:

I think a good clean would do wonders for the running and I highly doubt it has ever been cleaned. The acceleration doesn't always feel as smooth and progressive as I would expect it to be. And after doing a full service, pretty much everything else can be eliminated.

Any tips on cleaning, re-aligning etc? Has anyone done it and reported good results?

0000zoon0000

Hi, I did that. I bought a KKL cable on ebay for around 15$.

My problem was that engine stopped suddenly during hot summer days in neutral (when it should keep 750-800rpm) and an error was logged saying something about "adaptation limit".

I have disconnected the battery and removed it. There was no problem at all with removing and cleaning it. The adaptation went well, but after ~80km run all came to normal. During the first 20km the engine did not drop below 1100rpm, then little by little it went to 800-750rpm as it should be.

After this procedure all problems have gone.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I paid a garage to do mine for me. 90 minutes labour and no new parts needed, I just had to pay for some cleaner. It can be pretty caked up in there which, is half the reason I got someone else to do it for me.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.