Toledo V5 strut

Orpster

Right where do i start ? I've been looking back over some old'ish post about struts for the Toledo V5 and me not knowing much whats the diffrence in lower and upper strut and which works best ? which is easier to fit ? which is the better one to go for what are me option's .I like pics to see whats what but any help and adivce would be great

Orpster

Come on some one must know some thing ?? There must be some one who as fitted a front strut to a V5 on here ????

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I haven't done it but I believe the S3 lower strut brace bolts straight on (check the guides section, I think Pabs did one with pics). The S3 upper brace should also fit the top once it is negotiated round the bonnet lifter. For this of course you have to drill your top struts (as you do with any of the other aftermarket braces available). Some have found attaching it with riv-nuts easier as you don't have to fiddle around in the wheel arch to get the nuts on.

I was going to go with the upper S3 strut brace at one point, was going to keep it black but strip and polish either end and then apply cupranet sticker to middle and blagged AmD one's for either end before lacquering. But, then I got put off by stories of accidents causing damage to be transmitted across and writing off cars. I'll see, not totally given up on the idea but mechanical repairs have cost me a bit of late and I don't want to spend more on her right now.

I think both upper and lower braces would make a big difference to handling as the Toledo is not exactly renowned for handling and the heavy V5 lump doesn't help in that respect. For comments on whether upper or lower make the most difference you'll have to ask those that have done both, though I'm sure I read a thread some time ago giving opinions. If you're unsure go with the lower one as it bolts straight on and costs less!

Last edited:

Orpster

Right so you reckon with the lower strut i can buy and stick right on with no drilling etc ??? .. I dont surpose you've seen any fitting guide lines on here have you just to give me some idea of what i'am letting me self in for ,I think i've read some where the bumpers got to come off which i hope is not to much of a problem and where sells the lower strut mean while i will check out Pabs if i can find is post .. cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.