Tools to cut back of light cover?

jamiebennett81

fitting my HID's, what have people used to cut a hole in the back of the casing?

thinking of using a drill or dremel cut it out, but I want the hole to be spot on

seen this:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/toolzone-adjustable-circle-hole-cutter-m2-steel?source=froogle

Toolzone%20Adjustable%20Circle%20Hole%20Cutter%20M2%20Steel.jpg

can it be used in just a normal black and decker without speed control/variation

jamiebennett81

Yeah that be fine 25mm you it set too.

Any drill will do it, or mark a 25 mm diameter hole and dremel it out.

thanks mate

think I will get it as I am sure it will come in use again

jamiebennett81

thanks

one more thing, I am looking for some small bolts for the bracket on my catch can

about 2-4mm wide and no longer than 8mm max (preferably hex ended)

jamiebennett81

dunno if i'm supposed to do this, so sorry to the mods if i'm not:thumbup:

jamie, trying to contact you over the dv relocation kit, my e-mail ain't workin:confused:

sorry, inbox was full as usual:rolleyes::whistle:

try again mate

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
a decent step drill will do it, each incrament is about 2mm.
normally use these or q max cutters for putting the round hole in electrical panels and dish boards

ginger prince

i used a step drill, pretty cheap from screwfix. and much more "adjustable" then a flat bit if you need it for anything else in the future

sparkz002

As above, a step drill bit. Can be pricey though forthe large ones that go from 10mm up to 30mm in 2mm increments. I paid £25 mine, but i use it more or less daily for the line of work im in.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
I used a step drill aswell, mine was £15 from screwfix I think and goes in 2mm increments up to 22mm. which with a waggle gets you near enough there. It doesnt have to be exact and is better slightly tight than loose.

Step drills are actually very useful I use mine for cutting metal of car bodies and also plastic when i'm fitting ipod kits, they cut a very tidy hole and dont try and run away with you

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
sorry if this is a dumb question but why do you need to cut a hole in the headlight? do the bulbs not fit in or something?