Tyre Choices

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
When I bought my Leon Cupra R the garage had placed 4 new tyres on, a make called... Accelera - needless to say they're probably the scariest tyre I've had the misfortune to use.

The two front ones now need replacement and I've decided to go with the Goodyear Eagle F1, however, I'm not too keen on having the 'Accelera' on the rear so I'm thinking of using the Pirelli P-Zero from the spare and getting another P-Zero to match it up, using the 'Accelera' as a spare (still has plenty of tread on the rear).

My question is, am I best putting the Goodyear's on the front and Pirelli on the back or vice versa? Or am I best just using the Accelera's until they've had it and buying another pair rather than P-Zero?

Cheers!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Why not just buy 4 F1 assymetrics?
The pirelli will be about £160, where I got two F1's for £230
You could use the no name as a spare and buy a second pirelli. If you do this put the pirelli's one the front and wheels spin them to an early grave[:@]

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
Goodyears are £103 each and the P-Zero's are £119 each, so it'd be £325 rather than £412.

Are the P-Zeros really that bad? If I do it that way are you saying I should put the Goodyear's on the front rather than the P-Zeros?

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
I have P-Zeros all round as they were new on the car when i got it, There ok but i wouldnt buy them if it were my money. I had Toyo proxes on my last car and prefer them to my current P-Zeros

hughes86

Dec 3, 2007
manchester
ive got 4 barnd new pirelli pzeros on mine and mine handles mint doesnt wheel spin or anything never had any problems with them. suppose its down to personal chice

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
in theory you should always have your "best" tyres on the back, as understeer is alot easier to control than oversteer. i had p-zeros for a week while my wheels were getting straightened, and didn't get on too well with them; much prefer my falken 452s, and i hear the goodyears are an improvement on these; so i'd try goodyears alround personally.

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
I was actualy talking about the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 but the Asymetrics are the same price - are either better than the other?

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
So, we're saying out of the two go for the Goodyear Eagle F1's all round and avoid the P-Zeros (not good in the wet?).

So, they have the GSD3's and Asymetrics - same price for both - anybody know which are best?

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
I just got a pair of Eagle F1's for the back of mine for 180.

Quick question on eagle F1's. I got some in November and the front pair seem pretty close to the wear indicator bands across the tyres.

This seems a little extreme as I wouldnt of even done 10k on them yet. My comute is about 9 miles motorway the rest dual carriage way. They seem to have warn down quickly tho!!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I just got a pair of Eagle F1's for the back of mine for 180.

Quick question on eagle F1's. I got some in November and the front pair seem pretty close to the wear indicator bands across the tyres.

This seems a little extreme as I wouldnt of even done 10k on them yet. My comute is about 9 miles motorway the rest dual carriage way. They seem to have warn down quickly tho!!

10k is 3 times what i got out of the Falkens i just got rid of hehe

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise