Tyre Choices

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
How much for a tyre!?!?

So then.......l wake up this morning, get ready to go to work, head outside to my car and l have a flat. Some how l've managed to pick up a massive thorn which has screwed the tyre up big time! But you know, these things happen, so l don't stress to much. Any way...l put the spare on and drive to work. l get here, l call the local rubber dealer and while he basiclly bends me over and takes me from behind he tell's me its guna cost £209 for a new Michelin Pilot Sport to match the other 3 on the car!!!! Once l'd stopped crying l said "thanks" in a really unfriendly manor and hung up on him!
When the hell did tyres get so dam expensive!?!?! :cry:

l like the tyres and they hold the road REALLY well, but l'm not paying over £200 for a tyre out of prue princable! Can anyone give any recommendations as what l can get???

Cheers guys....

amccan10

Feb 16, 2007
Wishaw
So then.......l wake up this morning, get ready to go to work, head outside to my car and l have a flat. Some how l've managed to pick up a massive thorn which has screwed the tyre up big time! But you know, these things happen, so l don't stress to much. Any way...l put the spare on and drive to work. l get here, l call the local rubber dealer and while he basiclly bends me over and takes me from behind he tell's me its guna cost £209 for a new Michelin Pilot Sport to match the other 3 on the car!!!! Once l'd stopped crying l said "thanks" in a really unfriendly manor and hung up on him!

l like the tyres and they hold the road REALLY well, but l'm not paying over £200 for a tyre out of prue princable! Can anyone give any recommendations as what l can get???

Cheers guys....

Have a look on camskill, lots of tyres cheaper than them but you'll need to find a tyre centre that'll fit them.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s0p0

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
The front tires on the front of my cupra R are Accelera, and they are the worst tires i have ever bought, after a hard nights driving about 2 weeks ago, the front left has blisted really badly and iv also loss huge chunks of rubber. They have only covered 7000 miles which is pretty appalling! I will be getting some Toyo's proxes T1's next time, which i had on my last car which were amazing

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Just put some Goodyear F1 asymmetrics on the front (replacing the old GSD3's which I still have on the rear) and I can't fault them at all. Very good tyre.

Bracknell Tyre and battery are going them for £101 a corner.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Just put some Goodyear F1 asymmetrics on the front (replacing the old GSD3's which I still have on the rear) and I can't fault them at all. Very good tyre.

Bracknell Tyre and battery are going them for £101 a corner.
Did you put your new tyres on the front?
Supposed to be new tyres on the rear, they should be swapped

Good choice of tyres though, I'm loving them

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006

Cheers guys....

If its any help i paid £120 per tyre for michelin pilot sport 2 for my LCR, i priced the same tyre up with one of the big suppling companies and they wanted £190,the company i use is only a relatively small company but they supplied the exact same tyre for £120.I would say if your spare is ok for a bit then you have time to shop around for a better price,at £200 they are taking the pi** mate.No wonder you started crying.:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.