Tyre Choices

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
assuming you mean falken :p I've been running a full set for the last couple of months. for the money their ok but i came from a set of goodyear eagle gsd3 and there's no comparison in the wet. In the dry though their great and at £60 a corner for 18's their a bargain.

Deleted member 20376

assuming you mean falken :p I've been running a full set for the last couple of months. for the money their ok but i came from a set of goodyear eagle gsd3 and there's no comparison in the wet. In the dry though their great and at £60 a corner for 18's their a bargain.

yeah its only for the rear as i got zeros on the front there the ze452 version no the directional one with the v tread on it the other looks a bit like a conti tread.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
give em a go. I got mine from camskill £60 each delivered. You'll probably find them better than the P zero's.

Deleted member 20376

give em a go. I got mine from camskill £60 each delivered. You'll probably find them better than the P zero's.

i found um for £61 quid on ebay think ill give it go i had the ze915 i think with the direction tread there were ok but on a different car.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Going back to Falkens next time, had the new Goodyear Assymetrics fitted - i don't think i've even got 2500 miles out of them and they're almost in need of replacement. Falkens got me nearer to 5000 miles - utter bargain for half the price and about90% of the grip.

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
i found um for £61 quid on ebay think ill give it go i had the ze915 i think with the direction tread there were ok but on a different car.

I had FK452 (Vee pattern) all round, then replaced the worn fronts with ZE912 (Assymetrical pattern) and rotated the new tyres to the rear as is recommended. Had them on for about 4 months now and not noticed any difference performance wise, well pleased and will replace the other pair with 912's when they need it.

L60N R T

ive just put toyo px4s on my cupra r and they are by far the best ive had on any of my cars the road noise is greatly reduced as well and great grip in the wet worked out £80ish a Tyre

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
I need 2 new front tyres as they are on the legal limit.

I would like a balance of good dry grip and water grip as teh Yoko' that came with my car are just terrible on greasy roads.

I was looking at Eagle F1's but the local garage has a budget brand Called Prestivo Sports that are £67 each fitted. Anyone heard of them? They seem to be quite popular and successful on even some of the bigger mercs they fit them to.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I've got some cheapo none branded tyres on mine, 'Events' I think their called. They wre fitted by the garge when I got the car - now I experienced cheap tyres on my LC i'll only ever go for top end replacements.

For the same price you can get Falkens 452's and they appear to be a popular and rated lower cost option.

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
Tyres

Anyone had experience with 225/45R17 94Y KUMHO KU31 XL tyres-£80?
Also considering HANKOOK K415 and "DUNLOP SPECIAL"

munkyboy

Jul 24, 2008
Cardiff
I just fitted the new vredestein sessanta's. I have to say probably the best tyre i have ever driven. They stick in the wet as if you were driving in the dry. When i choose my tyre i have to feel confident that it is going to get me around he corner. I don't know what the wear is like on them as they are my first set but i have been told about 10k. So we shall see i guess. But i definately recommend these tyres if you can get them for the right price. i paid £100 each for the cupra 17". so dont know how much it will be for the lcr

andyGbeatz

May 24, 2006
Hampshire
....Got 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 on my Cupra R, best i've used, nothing compared to them in the wet!! and as we live in the good ol' sunny UK, you can't really go wrong.

Soft tyre so wears quicker in the dry, but still great grip! lots of fun!:clap: