Unofficial launch date for the new Leon Cupra

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Given that the spec isn't confirmed yet, they'll be hard pushed to get it out inside 2 months.

All my sources at SEAT (including the brand manager) say Dec / Jan

Ideal weather for mag hacks to complain about wheelspin.

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
I really hope they take people's feedback into consideration before they confirm the spec / price / final looks. They must be reading these forums..:)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
They are reading.... we talked about it on Tuesday

I think my single word summing up was 'marmite'

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
m0rk said:
Ideal weather for mag hacks to complain about wheelspin.

Well hopefully the traction control isn't the pile of poo it is on the last generation.. ESP was good, TCS was baaaaaad (part. on full lock - i disable it before pulling out by habit now).

m0rk said:
I think my single word summing up was 'marmite'

I can believe that about looks (although it doesn't seem like 50/50 based on reaction on here) but the interior seems to have gone down like a concrete duck (aside from the bum holders) with most ;)

Only 26% came out saying they love it outright in the poll on here - that's not good for a flagship car on a SEAT forum. Still, 40% are sitting on the fence and so I guess it's up to SEAT to win them over with some last minute tweaks and good pricing against the competition (quite a few by the time it's on sale).

BTW good article on your day out at SEAT - although I reckon you weren't trying hard enough as that MPG looked a bit high ;)

Cupra_HKG

As long the will bring the Curpa out with DSG, I will be lining up for one!

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
m0rk said:
that mpg was in the tdi too :)

2nd gear everywhere then? :funk:

Just thinking what my wish list would be for the Cupra..

- Twin exhausts
- Aero-style front bumper - something to make it distinct from the FR (you did this with the LCR)
- Sort out horrible interior quality. Seats, good. Console, bad (and a big downgrade from the classy interior you nicked off the A3 in the last car). Ask audi for some help - you're supposed to be under their parentage.
- Offer leather as an option (heated and electric to boot) some of us are getting wrinkly and like such things.

I wanted to put 4WD in there but it's clear now that Audi & VW want to keep that for themselves. The clever thing to do would of been to offer an alternative - Quaife diff anyone? Autocar reckon on Mazda doing just that in their (potentially) cheaper 3 MPS.

Did you meet anyone directly involved with the car's development or just UK marketing types?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Not direct development people - UK project management, who can put forward a wish list and basically bargain with Spain to get the cars 'we' want for the price they can sell it for

However, I can't see the dash changing (much) or the exterior

That said, I think the aftermarket range will be a lot better than before.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
IMHO. All I think it needs is the aero side skirts and rear spoiler. Some new Cupra flag badging on the rear and wings and the option of 18" versions of the wheels of the new supercup :drool: (wishful thinking I know!) ;)

Even without the above as std. I'm still getting it of course. Plus some of the above can easily be added.

Scott

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.