Unusual Rear Cupra R seats? Buckets?

IbanezDan51

Jan 5, 2010
Well I purchased a set of seats from a Cupra R and they have the Recaro fronts but im finding it difficult to find out why I have these weird rears! They were deffinately from the same car...I just assume a rare option?

Heres a picture!

Photo0595.jpg

To be honest they dont fit in the back of the golf very well due to how high the side bolsters are...

Anyone have a set in there Leon or?

They are like bucket seats for the rear! Wouldnt be very comfortable to sit in the middle!

Dan

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
They are the Recaro seats for the rear. You can still use the middle, well if your a small child :).
Think they were designed for a more 2+2 in mind rather than a 2+3.

IbanezDan51

Jan 5, 2010
They are the Recaro seats for the rear. You can still use the middle, well if your a small child :).
Think they were designed for a more 2+2 in mind rather than a 2+3.

Its weird that you say that becaue the one on autotrader that have recaro seats also seem to have the stard sports rears...not these...

Could it have been an option for just that year with recaro seats?

Dan

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Those where only available as an option on the 210 afaik and are quite rare, and are Recaro's, where as the other type rears found on the 225's are not.

Last edited:

IbanezDan51

Jan 5, 2010
Finally the answer I was looking for lol

So these would fetch quite a premium then? As they really dont look quite right in the rear of a golf...Anyone have any pics of them in the rear of a Leon? Im sure they'd fit better.

Dan

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Finally the answer I was looking for lol

So these would fetch quite a premium then? As they really dont look quite right in the rear of a golf...Anyone have any pics of them in the rear of a Leon? Im sure they'd fit better.

Dan

Not sure on the premium lol best way of changing them will be swapping with some one who wants the recaro's in there LC/LCR, they should fit the same in the Golf as its the same floor pan as the Leon...unless your golf is a 3 door.

IbanezDan51

Jan 5, 2010
Well they are in my 3 door Golf at the moment and its not particularly easy to get into the rear lol

Im not sure if there was a seat belt in the Leon in the middle....I think there was...

Dan

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
OP - they're a tight squeeze in the back of the golf because it's narrower than the 5 door, especially with the thicker sides of the recaros

heard rumours of those - any pics ?
only this crap one from the previous owner

Leon_Cupra_4_6-1.jpg

and the matching fronts..

Leon_Cupra_4_3-1.jpg

How come theres no middle headrest but there is a middle belt?
it's officially a 5 seater

however, because of the recaros, the middle seat space is very narrow so it's not really designed for proper use, hence the lap belt.

the middle headrest would look weird too, but it's good as rear visibility is improved. can't imagine what it'd be like with 3 headrests..

Last edited:

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
a mate of mine has those exact seats in his golf, and they're not as deep as the recaros in the leon
the buckets are much, much deeper in the leon

milli

Sep 12, 2008
west midlands
i have these seats in the back of mine, loads of comfort, and everybody comments on them when they sit in them, ill get some pics up soon, too cold to go out now lol. They were and optional extra around the £1000 mark i think not to sure on that though

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
Yeah I can see that, are the front ones the same tho? they look pretty simular?

my fronts are the same as the recaros on LCRs, just with half leather
can't remember about the ones in his Golf, but i think they aren't as deep

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.