Unusual Rear Cupra R seats? Buckets?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Taken from some press release on the Cupra R.

''On models fitted with the Recaro type seats, two seating positions are available at the rear
with two corresponding headrests. These are bucket type seats and the backrest is not
split on this model.''

IbanezDan51

Jan 5, 2010
So it seems they are pretty darn rare!

Not much good for me to be honest though. But they do look nice!

Dan

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
yeah iv luckily got these on the back. gotten used to them now, if im cramming people in the back,usually the female species fit nicely since they are generally smaller than us lol

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
the only issue i have with my leather ones is that once you fold them flat and carry heavy loads, the leather is creased for ever :(
the bolsters look properly worn now, which is a shame

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
my fronts are the same as the recaros on LCRs, just with half leather
can't remember about the ones in his Golf, but i think they aren't as deep

Mine are same recaro's as yours but different material I think, there a lot more bucketed than the standard Cupra seats.

15958602.jpg

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
Mine are same recaro's as yours but different material I think, there a lot more bucketed than the standard Cupra seats.

fair enough, i thought you posted pics of a golf :p
did those come with the car or did you fit them yourself?

they are more bucketed than std Cupra seats, but the same as mine (and the LCR?)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
fair enough, i thought you posted pics of a golf :p
did those come with the car or did you fit them yourself?

they are more bucketed than std Cupra seats, but the same as mine (and the LCR?)

Yeah the fronts look the same as yours....I'm not sure the LCR ones are the same? I had a feeling they were same as standard LC seats but a different colour.

They are golf ones that I fitted myself :)

Dec 19, 2006
Yeah lc and lcr are seats are the same from what I can but like you say they are upholstered differently, lcr is black with red stitching and stitched on R badge.

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Now then Dan i notice you say you have purchased these seats if you are not wanting them and are wanting std Cupra R rear seat i will swap you my rear seats for these ( if they are in excellent condition) as i never have people in the rear of mine although you have probably had loads of offers already

Rikko

IbanezDan51

Jan 5, 2010
Actually I haven't had any offers. The car will be getting a cage eventually though so not really looking for any other seats. Wouldn't really want to trade mine for standard ones anyhow...I quite like having something that not many other people have lol

Dan

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the only issue i have with my leather ones is that once you fold them flat and carry heavy loads, the leather is creased for ever :(
the bolsters look properly worn now, which is a shame

send em my way if they are that bad :p jk

thanks for the pics - better angle than the ones i've seen previously - cheers

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Well if you did want rid what would you ask for them if you wonna keep fair play just if you change your mind you know where to find me mate

Rikko

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
send em my way if they are that bad :p jk

thanks for the pics - better angle than the ones i've seen previously - cheers
nah, i need the rear seats to put stuff on, unfortunately ;)

i found these pics online, identical to mine

0170155816015.jpg

0170155816007.jpg

FYI there is a middle seat buckle, he's probably hidden it under the bench

Last edited:

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
I have these in the back of my LCR, as said earlier they were only an option on the 2002 AMK 210bhp models, initially making the Recaro Option more expensive I think they were £1200 or so. Then from 2003 onwards when the 225 BAM model was released the Recaro option was only available for the fronts and the price was cheaper around £795.

I think they are quite rare and would be worth a few quid, but not to everyones taste! I get a lot of people complaining when they try to get into the back of my car!

I will take some snaps of mine and post them on here once the weather improves.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise