Tell

Staff member
Is that four in total per item ?. Feels like French danger zones where areas are published where cameras may be but not the location.

I suggest you put them in as twice so you get the start and end as a beep although it will beep in either direction you pass. That will be the ASC POI imports else you would have to remanuacture Ov2 or GPX files. ASC would be the best. That is like the example of the ten records in Post 1. The normal coordinate pair is switched as I've mentioned, so x,y is y,x for the ASC import. The third field in that list is the camera name but put in say "Camera" if it doesnt have a name and fill with, A, B, C as example.

If that doesn't work very well then just use one set of coordinates. Depends a lot on whether what you have are actually danger zones or just bracketed cameras where the bracket is 50 metres or so. Less than 50, one may do. You could get programmatic as an added touch once you work out what's going on and compute the distances and write out either two or one on the separation :). Pythagoras.

Last edited:
Reactions: vectra

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I’ve been waiting for a fix for the MiB2 WiFi units for a while now so glad it’s finally here !!

I’ll buy myself poinspect0r and have a play.

No idea where to start though yet, will probably try a free database first if I can find one.
(I’ve got the one from the Briskoda thread sat around that has never worked on this unit , can this be converted to work somehow I wonder ????)

Reactions: Tell

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Bought poinspect0r today and spent most of the day having a play.

Managed to download a scdb database from a forum that seems quite up to date.
(Eu database with over 51k entries).

Done a demo run and seems to be working ok so far !!

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
If PocketGPSWorld goes under I'll know where to go. That one I had on recommendation... something that Skoda people use ;). Crowd sourced observations. Think sometimes they have mobile cameras miss classified as fixed cameras in it. Mobile ones are suppose to come up for review, miss classified they don't. You can report ones that dont exist to get them removed. There seems to be a fair amount of misclassification ones, but saying that it does pick up and warn where mobile speed checks are pretty regular even thou they have been put in as fixed cameras. I'm generally not bothered by an element of misclassification. You get a free newsletter as well.

Once you get the frame work set up in Poinspector and remember to delete the data and not the category it's pretty easy. I update quarterly or so, or long journeys and destinations much more frequently.

BTW The breakdown of cameras on the GPSsWorld one is:

897 EU mobile
17887 EU fixed
1625 UK mobile
14832 UK fixed

(My last download)

Other people here load them up by camera type off that database.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slickric21

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
Hi - I haven't been here for a long time

I would like to ask - maybe someone knows if he is going to change / replace the warning sound with another?

Here's the video where someone changed it:

Anyone who knows how to do it?

Regards

Tell

Staff member
That sound... was it speech ?. Is generated within the unit rather than Radas import preparation program which formats the data to import into the infotainment unit in the VAG format. The sound is generated within the unit. I can see those that mod mib2 infotainment units could have found the language file that generates the sound. Possibly in the navigation map updates lurking under languages although without looking tricky to find. Don't reckon you would be able to do it with a mib2 high since the import is locked down with the sla1 signature which I don't reckon anybody can generate outside Vag. Navigation running from the SD card thats not protected from meddling. That's marked up as a DM in that video so a standard unit.

So reckon Radas will pass on that. As for mib3 Poi import that is in stasus. Let us know if you see something. Spanish board, the guy who distributes Spanish speed camera database via Poinspector had drew a blank which confirmed what I found looking at the menus of the mib3. No poi import or options to toggle display. Like mib2.5 POI import is via an app, but suspect Seat doesn't support the beep via that route... somebody can check for Seat mib3 via the app. VAG doesn't like beep warnings generated from POIs. Your best bet now when buying a new car is to get one with traffic sign recognition if you you want protection from speeding.

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
I have standard navigation in Ateca 5F0035877
I asked whether it is possible to make such a sound for my version - the answer is yes

,, uploads by remote file sharing ,,

I don't know what it means or what it looks like ....

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Who told you that. The YouTube guy ?.

They might mean via the link boxes they put on mib2 units using Putty and the like to poke at the software in the box. Enjoy the Google

Base point one for retrofitters. Could be someone who's trying to flog you something remotely.

Another Google for you

Retrofitters use the published Github software and stitch it together. Still it keeps them off the streets.

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor