Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
Hello
I have a question - I ordered the Ateca for production - it arrived 2 days ago
Manufactured on 06/01/2020 and unfortunately has the unfortunate 877 and is not going to import POI.
I did not pick up the car because I wrote with the dealer 3 months that such a problem exists and that I will check the car when it arrives.
Now - is it possible to downgrade to a lower version so that the POI is imported or any upgrade?

If the car had DAB +, would it be a number other than 877?

Regards sorry my english

Tell

Staff member
There is a firmware thread on here but I don't think anyone has posted of trying that

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/sw-update-for-mib2-infotainment-system.427280/page-20

You could ask the Spanish thread which I posted up on this thread. The issue might be that due to the hardware being the Wi-Fi model rather than Dab+, previous firmware doesn't work on it. I have always believed it's the firmware installed on the hardware with the 877 descriptor than the hardware itself. Will check their latest postings to see if a break through has been made yet and amend as required. One needs to keep an eye on the Spanish thread if you have that unit in case there is a breakthrough. I'm sure they would have thought about downgrading the firmware.

Checking the end of the Spanish thread just now, they are still looking for a solution.

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threads/cargar-radares-en-los-nuevos-my19-navy-system.8455/page-29

Last edited:

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
If the car left the factory 877, does it mean that the factory has no newer version?
Now, when we checked with the seller that the car does not import POI, does the Service have the option of uploading a newer version to this car?
Do they have that option?
877 is this display or is this box with SD in the luggage compartment?
Maybe it could be exchanged for a different version?

Regards

Tell

Staff member
The hardware of the mib2 standard with Wi-Fi fitted to Leons and Ateca with the 877 on the tail of the descriptor is the one with the issue, My19 and My20 so far. It might spill onto the Taraccos outside of the UK, but all UK ones have the previous basic box standard mib2 without WiFi. Also all Cupra Ateca's sold in the UK at the minute have Plus units which are unaffected by this issue.

Post 69, page 4 on this thread covers how to read off the part number for those effected.

Whether you can get a dealer to change the box pass on that. From the Spanish thread Seat is washing their hands of the issue. Jose Soria is the one to watch on there since he publishes Spanish speed cameras and has a vested interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasoriab

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
Hi
I found this procedure. Can anyone confirm that it works on M19 / MY20? ( Last update: 02.11.2020 )

For your information
If you get an error message when you're updating your device, follow next steps. Insert the SD card into your computer again. Copy the file named 'metainfo2.txt" contained in PersonalPOI/MIB2HIGH folder into the root of SD card replacing the meta2info.txt file that should be already there. Also copy completely the folder PersonalPOI into the root folder replacing the PersonalPOI folder already there. Extract the SD card from your computer and insert it into your GPS device again. Repeat the installation procedure.

http://www.speedcamupdates.com/seat-ateca-navi-system

Tell

Staff member
Hi
I found this procedure. Can anyone confirm that it works on M19 / MY20? ( Last update: 02.11.2020 )

For your information
If you get an error message when you're updating your device, follow next steps. Insert the SD card into your computer again. Copy the file named 'metainfo2.txt" contained in PersonalPOI/MIB2HIGH folder into the root of SD card replacing the meta2info.txt file that should be already there. Also copy completely the folder PersonalPOI into the root folder replacing the PersonalPOI folder already there. Extract the SD card from your computer and insert it into your GPS device again. Repeat the installation procedure.

No. That is an old procedure that you had to do after VW messed up the web based import program for the high, prior to that the standard. It was the metainfo2.txt file was incorrect. You could bypass it.

This has been tried with the WiFi standard unit my19 / my20 units, doesn't work. Post 63 for one and on the Seat Navigation thread. By post 69 the issue was identified as to the specific unit. The test shown there can be carried out. Page 4.

Will re quote that for readers:

The issue is not related to the software serial number of the units (0512 / 0514) but part number finishing in 877 and 877A.

The part number can be obtained by

● Press the Infotainment MENU button and
then select Setup .

● In the System settings menu, press the
System information function button.

The top line shows the device part number. If that finishes with 877 or 877A then the unit will not import users Poi's. Seat have acknowledged the issue.

More details on the Spanish thread

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threads/cargar-radares-en-los-nuevos-my19-navy-system.8455/

-----

The link you show

shows a mib2 high where there is no issue. The last update means the database not that there is a solution. Only Seat Standard my19 / my20 with WiFi with the part number shown in the post doesn't allow user Poi import Seat accepts this. Problem with commercial user Pois they want to sell them without doing the research. That research is on the Spanish Ateca and Leon threads linked. I saw you appeared on that thread and they advised you to either have a mib2 high unit fitted or downgrade from the WiFi specified standard unit to one that didn't have Wi-Fi if possible. Arona my19 units are fine. Only those standard units with Wi-Fi specified have this issue. You would have to find a retrofitter in your country and swap out the unit I guess and they would have to do suitable reprogramming to integrate it in. Something a Seat dealer probably wouldn't touch.

Btw post 586 on the Spanish thread says that's a scam.... beware on that link you posted to. Great minds and all that.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks I will pass that onto Radas the programmer. Know doubt the person on the Spanish site that produces the Spanish speed camera upload using Poinspector will be talking to him as well if a solution has been found when he found out.

Would seem the thread also names another unit which has an issue, the 877, 877A & 858A

The built-in part number is decisive - problems only arise with the following Navi part numbers:

5F0 035 877 or 5F0 035 877A and 5F0 035 858A

The checksum are done to check the integrity of the data.

It appears that a non commercial POI person cracked it, then the German board are editting the commercial SCDB subscription database output to recomputed the checksums and signatures after adding two more part numbers.

From the text they have added two new variants of models:

Hmm, so on the quick demo of SCDB.info I see only two new variant entries (47215 and 47216) in the "main" metainfo2.txt

[Common]

Variant37 = "47215"

Variant38 = "47216"

and these are then assigned to the MIB2TSD folder

[Common_Release_3]

Variant24 = "47215"

Variant25 = "47216"

Post 161.

Then it worked, hence the text of how to compute these signatures when they didn't do it right the first time. SLA1 signature.

Going to the office computer yes they have appended those additional model units to those two areas of code [Common] and [Common_Release_3]. Then they recomputed the signatures. The bottom one is the SLA1, one they talk about.

That is in the metainfo2.txt file for the standard unit. It appears twice at the top directory and then again under MIB2TSB. They will need changing in both.... with correct tools.

Give a tutorial when I find where I put them :)... haven't used them recently. Better when Radas edit the program and it does it automatically.

I've emailed Radas now. I'll look to write a tutorial latter but it's probably on the net if you wish to change these files by hand. It's something you use to have to do when VW use to mess it up, so it is on the net.

Last edited:

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
In Radas program I was editing these 2 files
I made the transfer to the SD card but I have no way to check because the car has not yet been received from the dealer :)

Tell

Staff member
But did you recompute the checksums else it will reject it. That's the tricky bit. You can't add the lines if you don't alter the checksum and the signature using the right tools.

I'm sure he will have edited the program by the time you get the car :).

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
I edited 2 files in Radas program, then again created transfer to SD card - what came out on the SD card has different checksums.
I don't know if I explain well .....

I will have a car in a week on Friday :)

Tell

Staff member
If you are doing the checksums correct then you should be able to reproduce the checks sums before the edit of the two lines in. If not, you are not doing it correct.

The signature is done by computing it without the signature row then do it. Then add the line in. That's the mistake the guy had on the German thread.

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
I don't do

PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\InfoFile\1\default Update.txt crc ok
PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\ppoidb\1\default hashes.txt crc ok
PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\ppoidb\1\default\icon all icon crc ok

It's a shame I don't have a car yet ... I'd check if it works :)

If not then you have to wait for Radas

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Right so we are waiting for Radas.

I've computed the SLA signature correctly before... just got to find my notes on it when I was preparing map updates for the high. I've seen those hash files being computed and banded about before in German, since the VW online site was in German.

Basically Seat added two units to the list but didn't think to tell any one about it, "47215" and "47216" will correspond I guess to the 877 / 877A and 858A (later is an old model thou not sure why that one was left out so perhaps "47215" and "47216" corresponds to 877 / 877A). Suspect someone extracted "47215" and "47216" out of the firmware for those units or something like that. If x= "47215" and "47216" do this etc and they thought... hmm interesting, haven't seen these before.

Once we have it in the program I will edit the thread so there is not any mis direction.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I don't do

PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\InfoFile\1\default Update.txt crc ok
PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\ppoidb\1\default hashes.txt crc ok
PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD\personalpoi\ppoidb\1\default\icon all icon crc ok

It's a shame I don't have a car yet ... I'd check if it works :)

If not then you have to wait for Radas

Workaround for test on 877 and 877A units

I see the Spanish thread doesn't know of a solution you could tell them and give Jose the links since you have a login

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threads/cargar-radares-en-los-nuevos-my19-navy-system.8455/page-31

They are off on a tangent at the minute.

I've heard from Radas and he wants us to try it out via editing. I don't have the unit with that part number. I've also forgotten the checksum trick :)... which I need to get back up to speed on.

This old trick for the standard now:

Content of MIB2TSD into the root of the SD card, i.e. the PersonalPOI and metainfo2.

That avoids the signature which we can't compute then you just got got to compute the metachecksum. :cop:

Basically the first signed file with the eight line signature at the bottom you aren't be able to recreate since you need the VAG primary key and nobody has that as I understand (closely guarded secret). Since the part number had not changed on the standard side Radas kept that, the high he used the old trick of going direct. That's how it was left when VW pulled the plug on their website.

That is what will have to be done with the standard.

The contents of the standard are pulled out and put in the top directory . Then if you are tinkering with the checksums then recreate these. I think there is possibly only one to do once you find out how to do it.:blink: That's the one following the variant part numbers.

The body of knowledge is out there... Just got to find someone to share. Jose on the other board could follow it up with Radas as well since the Spanish thread all use his Spanish camera database constructed from Poinspector by Jose. Obliviously Radas knows how to do it since the program computes these.

If I make a memory break through I will let you know. I did reply to Radas so I'm hoping he will add those variant codes in and recompile.

It's this in the metainfo2.txt file that can't be reproduced in the route directory

[Signature]
signature1 = "9880af1b5d5456de15affd708b3b74b2"
signature2 = "3cf0dbe1d0baf902e43229a07cfb9281"
signature3 = "3c76dea04775d174ac4f937445ae538b"
signature4 = "84d056d12279144f13341a7ccec3a7a2"
signature5 = "39120b41cbf137351aa6a08c732b3521"
signature6 = "5a224666234d8700e6c46bf2a943452c"
signature7 = "b06daa662fc8d9a1aee981c0a5df7c1a"
signature8 = "4bcd566ead66604069d58ab0a9f77d14"

This is side stepped by copying the directory

PersonalPOI\MIB2TSD

Directory
personalpoi

& file
metainfo2.txt

Into the route of the SD card replacing everything else.

That then leaves you to recompute edit the metainfo2.txt file adding the variant lines and recomputing the checksums:

----

I've got my brain in order now... been a while since I've done these metafilecheck calculations :)

We use the free MD5 SHA program since we can cut and paste out the SHA1 string with this.

This utility, install:

https://download.cnet.com/MD5-SHA-Checksum-Utility/3000-2092_4-10911445.html

Attached my original metainfo2.txt file from the standard directory, not the top one.

We edit out the line with Notepad

MetafileChecksum = "a8caf02b4482130a3e8755a6be4c257b5c5db741"

and that line feed to give the file test.txt attached.

Assuming the SeatCupra site doesn't take out or add line feeds etc... on the original you run MD5 SHA and that returns under SLA1 the hash you edited out :) - that's the derivation of the checksum.

a8caf02b4482130a3e8755a6be4c257b5c5db741

That's edited back in and that's the current file with Notepad.

Try it on your own subdirectory file in MIB2TSD ones the POIs have been produced.

[BTW By magic the SeatCupra site didn't add anything onto to the file so the download tallies if you run the MD5 SHA :) - we like that]

Now you want to add the variants to your file in my case the test.txt file, save and put it through MD5 SHA again, that gives you the revised checksum, edit that line back in with the new varients and that should work.

That's add the lines after Variant23

Variant24 = "47215"
Variant25 = "47216"

I don't have the 877 or 877A unit but I'll check the unit, I have doesn't stumble on the edited file and checksum & the standard unit worked fine with the variants added to the list and the recompute MetafileChecksum presenting the sub directory to the unit in the top directory.

That's shift the contents of MIB2TSD to the top directory of the SD card with the edit in the MetafileChecksum following the illustration above.

Attached is the example file with the Variants on and the MetafileChecksum computed. In my data for_renaming_too_metainfo2.txt is renamed to metainfo2.txt and is placed in the route as per the instructions.

That's a worked example in the attached files from the source metainfo2.txt, example of computing the hash to producing the final file for renaming plus ofcourse putting the subdirectory contents into the route directory.

This workaround now needs testing on a 877 / 877A unit. It would appear from the German posts this is the solution... they just neglected to provide the technical info of how to do it :drive2:.

Radas wants people with this unit to test the workaround out so he can built into the program so it does it for you.

Thanks

Attachments

• metainfo2.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 311
  • test.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 248
  • for_renaming_too_metainfo2.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
google translate .... I don't understand theo what you wrote

I don't know what too do

Tell

Staff member
I've edited the above post, tested on a standard unit but not the 877 / 877A unit so that's the process to take Poinspector output and mod it as a temporary process ahead of the program being changed. It needs testing on an 877 / 877A unit but it's basically what they were doing with their SCDB databases and said worked on the 877 / 877A units.

Anybody else with the My19 / My20 heads feel free to try it out.

Thanks.

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
I think I already know what's going on ...

must delete the entire MetafileChecksum line
then add

Variant24 = "47215"
Variant25 = "47216"

Save the file and then open it in MD5_and_SHA_Checksum_Utility and the SHA-1 checksum that it calculates to paste in place of that

do i understand correctly ?

Tell

Staff member
That is it and you move the files into the route directory of of the SD which was blank.

Copy out MIB2TSD to hard disk

Delete the SD

Edit out that MetafileCecksum line with line feed, edit in the two lines.

Use MD5_and_SHA_Checksum_Utility and the SHA-1 checksum that it calculates, re-enter the metafilechecksum line with the revised SLA1, paste in from the utility.

Use Notepad to edit, we don't want any word processing characters worked into the file

Then copy it all back into the route of the SD card so it looks like:

personalpoi
metainfo2.txt

We bypass the previous top code... it's the same technique that is used on the high after VW pulled something previously. They use to oscillate this issue between standard and the high unit in the past.

So we are hoping the unit will read the two new lines

Variant24 = "47215"
Variant25 = "47216"

& do the appropriate.

If its the first time to Poinspector you toggle the icons in the car to show the imported POIs. You have to do this on the standard unit after importing POIs, the high remembers the icons enabled. Just check marking them on the unit.

It should run to 100% imported then hopefully after toggling on the user POIs you will see them on the screen.

Last edited:

Eleonor

Oct 27, 2019
It is not so colorful ... unfortunately

Today I was at Deer's seat in Seat.

I got into Atetia from 877 standing in the living room.
I inserted my map card because there was no SD card with POI in the second slot.
The system pointed out that there is update data, I entered the menu and clicked to import my POI.
It seemed that everything is ok because the update bar has reached 100%, a smile appeared on the face but suddenly at the end the message that it was wrong and that the system will automatically restart.
I had 2 SD cards with me on one what I received by email from the Spanish forum and on the other what I did
In both cases the same goes up to 100% and the system resets.

I do not know if the car was in the service mode and did not allow data to be saved --- but on the other hand I tried in December 2019 the same with POI in the salon and the Ateca with 877 did not see at all - no info about the date of the POI was given while the older Ateca standing next to it and Leon imported this POI data from my card.

That is why I wonder why today this Ateca has not done it since I have POIs from the Spanish.

I made my POI card in the way you gave it last, i.e. on the card
personalpoi
personalpoi.txt
the checksums I did, everything seemed ok
Maybe the car had some kind of service blockade - I don't know ....

I put the SD card with POI in the slot on the right
Steering wheel on the left

I am a bit worried and curious that e.g. it works for someone here:
https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.ph...t-mehr-installieren/&postID=185880#post185880

On Friday I pick up the car and will train on it :)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.